Vines

Winston Salem, NC

Does anyone have an idea for a really fast growing vine? I have a big white wall on my garage and I want to grow some vines to flower up a 9 ' ttall rellis this summer. I'm in Winston Salem NC, zone 7.

I would love something that could be planted now and bloom all summer. Any ideas?

This message was edited Apr 4, 2008 6:28 PM

Thorne Bay, AK(Zone 6b)

Try growing cucumbers there.A friend up in Fairbanks did that & had quite a vine climbing up with lots of cukes.Study your varieties to find the best vining one.

Mifflintown, PA(Zone 6a)

Sweet Autumn Clematis grows fast dies back over winter but shoots right up come spring. Flowers are small white smell wonderful. You can see it in PF. Sorry I dont know how to do the link thing.

Wadsworth, OH(Zone 5b)

MORNING GLORIES!!!! Go check out the MG forum and you'll HAVE to have them!!

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

Hyacinth Beans grow SUPER fast from seed and are really pretty. The produce cool looking purple seed pods and beautiful flowers.

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

A combination of MoonVine and Morning Glories and Clematis -- Morning Glories will be closed at night, so the Moonvine will take over. (I just had to be different)

Suzy

Aurora, OH

I grew Cypress Vine last year for the first time. Tiny feathery leaves and small flowers that the hummingbirds liked. Very fast growing and hardy.
The morning glories and moonflowers suggestion was good also.

Paducah, KY

I second the suggestion for moonflowers and morning glories! I'm doing three types of morning glories, moonflower, AND some heat-tolerant sweet peas called "old spice." It's going to be gorgeous. Warm weather can't come fast enough!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.