First bloom of the year

Richmond Hill, GA

Henryi first blooms this year. Just opening up this week.
Arlene

This message was edited Apr 2, 2008 9:24 PM

Thumbnail by cattjovi
Richmond Hill, GA

Another bloom.

Thumbnail by cattjovi
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

How beautiful!!..My Clematis "Henryi" hasn't bloomed yet..yours beat mine!!..Jeanne

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Lovely!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Lucky you having Clematis blooms already!

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Don't ya just love Spring??!!!!

Debbie

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Henryi is so beautiful. Nelly Moser is the first in my garden. Durandii and Proteus are hard on her heels but only with large buds yet.

Thumbnail by doss
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

My first bloom on this one.Doing better this year than last.

Thumbnail by Pyewacketcat54
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

clematis reubens is a winner even though it only blooms once a year. Smells heavenly when the sun is shining on it.

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Here Nelly Moser is doing her thing today.

Thumbnail by doss
Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Beautiful Doss and pyewacket!!!!

Pyewacket, what size pot is your growing in?:

Debbie

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Beautiful, Doss.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

It's a 18" or so square pot,a friend gave it to me when she moved,I wish you could see the trellis,my daughter sent a set of them to me for my birthday a couple of years ago.Here's a photo of the area out side the back door the little green one with the rd. glass at the top,it's the smaller of the two.

Thumbnail by Pyewacketcat54
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Doss..your clematis "Rubens" is pretty ..had you ever considered planting another clematis with it or a climbing rose?...Jeanne

Pye - the trellis will always remain such a sweet thought in your garden. I love memories like that.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Pirl,
All my friends know if they want to give me something,anything for the yard is my favorite.Eli,my daughter,lives in Seattle,so she finds things you might not here.We scout the thrift stores when I go up,and some of her friends and I have a day at yard sales ,we have even gone to Vashon and Mercer Islands,they get to shop,and I get to explore.LOL
I just bought a couple of the Nelly Mosers,can't wait to see them bloom... I'd like to find a pure white one too,any ideas on a good variety?

This message was edited Apr 6, 2008 9:13 AM

Henryi is my favorite white one but there are so many to choose from.

Thumbnail by pirl
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Henryi" is ok..I have it but it's very slow to get established IMHO..I much prefer that wonderful Pruning group 3 white "John Huxtable" or "Huldine"..

Thumbnail by JeanneTX

Then there's always the montana Grandiflora:

Thumbnail by pirl
Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

pirl
Your Henryi is so pretty.
Kaleem

Thank you, Kaleem. I love that light green stripe that shows on newly opened flowers. It dissipates as the individual flower ages.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Pirl, The Henryi is beautiful,I'm wanting to cover a back fence with some, and so I want some ideas.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Pye...I love Montanas for that early Spring bloom..they only bloom once in Spring and that is it for the year...I have some planted with other clematis so I have color all year...Jeanne

I have my montana planted with others, too, Jeanne. It fills the look of the fence so much that there are some people who have been to our garden many times and swear we do not have the dog's fence/pen.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I bet it's gorgeous Pirl..you must share a pic for us when it's in all it's glory!!..Jeanne

Richmond Hill, GA

More opened today. Here's Ville de Lyon.
Arlene

Thumbnail by cattjovi
Richmond Hill, GA

Jeanne, Can't remember what I planted here. Need your expertise.
Arlene

Thumbnail by cattjovi
Richmond Hill, GA

First bloom on Josephine.
Arlene

Thumbnail by cattjovi
Richmond Hill, GA

Snow Queen.

Thumbnail by cattjovi
Richmond Hill, GA

Duchess of Edinburgh. Just opening up but the top leaves are all cringed. Not sure why.
Arlene

Thumbnail by cattjovi
Richmond Hill, GA

Here's another view of Henryi..

Thumbnail by cattjovi
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Jeanne, it would be great to plant another clematis along with the Montana - certainly would put the bloom out longer. It's under the eaves so there's not enough sun for a rose bush and I would have to dig up the beds at the ends of the montana in order to plant anything. I can sure see why you suggested it though!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Arlene..I believe that is Clematis "Bees Jubilee"
Here is mine
Doss...do plant another Clematis!!..Yippppeee

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

You're feeding the addiction Jeanne - very bad....:-)

Richmond Hill, GA

Jeanne, Thanks so much. Yes I did plant Bee's there. Having a fifty's moment. Now you know why I keep a garden journal. LOL
Arlene

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I like being naughty..if you don't believe me..check out my latest post..LOL..My husband has been gone on a fly fishing enclave for 3 days and I bought clematis and even ordered some online and have been planting away..LOL..I bought MORE flats of Begonias and another Bouganvilla...I love this time of the year!!..Jeanne

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey..Arlene..you should get some plant markers the next time someone has an Eon Plant Marker Co-op and I write the names and pruning group so if I have a brainfart while out I know who and how to prune!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX

Arlene - beautiful photos but I do get so confused.

Arlene (pirl)

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Pirl, I just ordered a Huldine and a Gillian Blades ,they were so pretty,I had to.
Heard about them on another thread.
http://www.koigardenclub.com/Clematis.htm
On sale right now too...

They're great choices and I'm sure you'll love them. Clematis are addictive but they never say that on the labels, thankfully.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.