At a Walmart near you....

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Weigela's in gal size nursery pots - between $5 & $6 A variegated dwarf and one (I think) called Bronze Beauty...you can imagine the gorgeous color of the foilage!!! Yes, I bought both...I'll get those hummers in yet!!
Persian Lilacs - also in 1 gal pots...I believe they were also $5 something...
They also have 6 or 8" pots with huge Cryptanthus 'earth stars' - even a dark one similar to Black Magic http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/62407/ Figured they'd provide a nice splash of color to the succulent bed...will just need to dig em' back up come fall...ugh

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Gosh, I don't even know where the nearest walmart is to me! I need to look up Persian Lilac.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I bought a couple of Weigelas from WalMart last fall! They haven't greened up yet... *tapping foot*

Home Depot had some good deals last week. Dwarf rhododendrons for $7! And overstuffed pots of creeping phlox, 4 for $10.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Correction: NOT bronze beauty - Dark Horse...mercy...how'd I get those mixed up???? Ya'll should have them...they were at the Wdbg Walmart and the Stafford one. I've got pics...will post - sometime today...ugh

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Pics as promised - closeup

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

and further away

Thumbnail by Chantell
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Gorgeous!

I looked at mine again today... two of them are budding up now, and the third is showing signs of life also! I have to check around and see if I noted the varieties anywhere, LOL... I think one was a "dwarf" variety, and I seem to remember at least two of them being kinda bronze-purple leafed... haha

I've got a little variegated one, too... you'll love that one! Mine held its variegation all summer. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.