Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Silver Memories

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Topaz Glory

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

another Topaz with a visitor (at the bottom of the flower)

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Zoey

PS...it rained alot today. The hibs love this temp, mixed with rain and humidity. So, hopefully there will be some new ones tomorow, as well :)
Nite nite
Cat

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Hello all,

Barry,
Magnifique is one from Dupont

Cat,
I am loving the silver memories. Mine is up ang going now full of buds and I cant wait to see it produce.

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

A set of triplets from Midnight Madness

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Robert said
Barry, Magnifique is one from Dupont

Well, the ones Cat posted up above didn't impress me overly, but that one you grew and photographed has an awesome pile of petaloids, Robert. Seen that a lot? Good growing.

Cat, I liked your topaz lizard shot! I captured a green Anole like that on a white bloom and my friend Veronika rendered it in colored pencils for the inside back cover of the Tropical Hibiscus Handbook I edited for the Am Hib Society, back in 2003. Check it out if you have the Handbook . . Since we stopped using most poisons we have tons of lizards here. I squashed a caterpillar on a seedling today and a nearby lizard emerged and gave me a really dirty look. Stole his lunch, I guess.
Attached is a more recent menagerie.
Barry

Thumbnail by BarrysHibiscus
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Hello All,

Barry,
Thank you for the compliment on magnifique. She was very stubborn last year and I had more buds dropping than blooms. (Most likely my fault I am sure) However this year is completely different she is blooming like crazy and the blooms keep getting larger and better. Suprising enough I had to take the PIC with my phone because I was leaving and did not have the camera. Trusty back-up!!!

Robert

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

My magnifique was also stubborn last year. Not a single bloom. She is making up for it by the dozens.
So, Barry. Who won? The bee or the lizard, LOL!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.