Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

We came from here . . .

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/813444/

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

LOL....................boo

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

?????

Burwash Weald, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

good morning Tills - you need to back up a bit to catch up on the thread - I think they had a little party last night while the rest of us were sleeping/working.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Good morning to you to, I think
Lost again, I hate getting home so late

Thorne Bay, AK(Zone 6b)

This is MUCH better.Earlier this morning it took nearly 40 seconds for my dialup to download that 390 reply page.

Weather is still very iffy here-snow/rain/frost/sun/rain.I have 2 cold frames ready to harden off some seedlings,but still too cold out there.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Cold here today, too - and very windy yesterday afternoon following a day of hard rain. They say it's supposed to rain all week, but it had better warm up a little first or we may have s__w!!

I have just had a splendid day. Got the last of the bare root roses in (gawd they look like nothing right now!), moved a couple of euphorbias, said good morning to the greenhouse babies, and started back in the wild area - until it snowed, and snowed - fortunately at that point DH had made lunch - and just like magic, the sun came out right on cue as lunch was finishing up! Back out to the wild area and got the next stretch of woven fencing in and moved a rock in place.

Now that is my idea of how to do a day (even got the laundry almost finished!).

Have to go into workwork tomorrow - but just taking the train into town and home by 10pm. And the rest of the week off. Too nice for words - but please NO MORE SNOW!!

Well at least you can get out into your yard Laurie....:0( it is still to windy and cold and snowy here to do much of anything!!!
But some seed have sprouted and will be going into pots soon....If I can find the compost bag outside.........LOL

It is going to be getting nice here in the next couple of days...

Lauri

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Sounds like you guys are overdue for some nice weather. Next week is April, so let's hope that we all get a little sunshine and that it's at least warm enough for our fingers to stay functional.

Thorne Bay, AK(Zone 6b)

If anyone is interested,there's a bunch of people in HERBS trying to find & get some Chocolate Basil plants.I think it's going to be a group effort,as they might have to buy wholesale.

Port Angeles, WA(Zone 8b)

How about 24 degrees F in my garage this morning and my car doors frozen shut! AARRGGHH! But it was sunny all day and I think reached a high of about 48 or so. Super...I'm stuck inside workwork all day looking out at the sunshine reflecting off Hood Canal...looking at the Cascades, watching the boats cruising up and down the canal. *sigh* On the inside, looking out (that was our class motto for medic school, which we attended during a southern California summer ~ still applies to this day). BUT...supposed to be relatively nice this weekend ~ faeries? Please?

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Well we had an inch of snow this morning. It quickly turned to rain and disappeared but it is really cold. I've been forced to stay home for three days in a row. Have spent it reading and enjoying Amber.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Good call, Patricia - sounds wonderful to me.

No snow here yet but it is cold outside tonight and the sun hasn't even gone down yet.

Hoping that Steve's surgery is just about over and that everything went well.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Yes it was cold, came off the ferry (headed home) and drove off into a hail storm, I thought this was spring, did we blink and miss it amd now we are back to winter. LOL

Snowed and sleeted and rained and everything today. And the nice forecast for this weekend has been revised to "rain/snow showers, rain/snow showers, and rain/snow." Oh boy... I can't hardly wait! My mom is in Laughlin this week. . .it's in the 80s and sunny every day and the lows higher than our highs! What's wrong with this picture?

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

We are usually in Palm Springs the first two weeks in March. I don't mind not going but I sure miss feeling that heat on me. It is so nice not to ache for two weeks.

okay - we have sun this morning!! Tils and I are onto the gardenfaeries negotiating for the weekend for both sides of the pond - if we win, we take credit, if we lose - hey, its not our fault!

Laurie ~ If you've got their number, I hope the faeries will listen. So far it's not looking good for the weekend here. Forecast says rain/snow for the next 4 days and then, of course, some sun from Monday through Wednesday, then more rain (just in time again for the weekend!). AAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!

It's the weather gods. They are out of control!! Quick! Find a vi*gin to sacrifice! Or at least someone who claims to be!

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

What is going on! Snow on March 27th! I have lived in Western Washington my entire life and have never seen snow this late! My plants are frustrated and confused!

Thumbnail by rachierabbit

Oh Rachier, tell them to put a happy face on - it'll be summer all too soon and they will be panting. But b@gger this weather! I was working on the steps down in the wild area today (which except for a 10 min light shower, when I ran out to bring in all the laundry only to find it stopped immediately after and was sunny rest of day - I don't think I am doing well with these weather gods/garden faerie negotiations - hope tils does better), but back to the steps: I ended up working on my knees - its so slippy even my tractor like boots were either sinking or skidding - not nice, and definately not funny - you end up walking like a prissypoo. Uggghhhhh. BUT, it was sunny, on and off. And cold/hot, on and off - and it wasn't me!

Thorne Bay, AK(Zone 6b)

Rachie-I don't feel a bit sorry for you.I've had 1-2" of wet snow several mornings so far this spring.When I was growing up north of Bellingham,I remember a regular blizzard on March 25 one year-temps in the teens.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

I look out my window and everything is white. Our spring showers are snowing this year. I read the other day that is has snowed this late about 5 times before and as late as April 19th one year. So hang on, it could be a bumpy ride.

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

yes, it did snow on the 19th of April 1985. It was the day I moved back from Hawaii!
I considered it a welcoming at that time.
I don't think the Spring flowers share that sentiment.

Thorne Bay, AK(Zone 6b)

I just looked at the NOAA forecast for Western Washington-there is a snow advisory up for ALL Western WA.Happy spring.

Hopefully our snow has gone and is finished now........................... spring starts mid april!!!!!!!! well ish...............

Mark

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the heads-up, Ned. We complain about the weather & you have to deal with much worse. We're just a bunch of weenies, here...
Ned - do you ever use a cold frame, and if so, how has it worked for you, insofar as extending the season, or allowing you to get seedlings acclimated sooner?

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I had nothing to do with it, Laurie made me,LOL I'm trying but It seams the Gods are not happy, Snow alert from 3AM till Noon tomorrow, just heard it on the news.
Got a another Hail storm on the way home, Cold So Cold, I have had enough>>>>>>>Please.

Thorne Bay, AK(Zone 6b)

Katye-I've got 2 small ones that I use to harden the seedlings.Works great as long as I remember to take the window off the tops during the day.Cooked a few one rainy day when the sun came out while I was at work last year.

You're really having unusual weather down there this spring.I can't remember any snow at the end of March during the years I lived in Olympia area.

Funny. . .we moved here in June 2006. Had the worst winter on record for the state in 2006 and the shortest summer in history. Still here and this is weird weather. Is it us? What have we done? And Ned. . .I do feel for you, but hon, you live in Alaska (igloos, ice floes, glaciers, endless winters, permafrost, frozen tundra, Mt. McKinley, etc.)! Isn't it supposed to cold there?

Oh, my sentiments exactly, Outta! Ned, you live in Alaska! Isn't it cold there all the time?? Isn't that the price you pay for those lovely summers where the sun almost never sets? And you have northern lights and all that. Plus incredible scenery.

I do not think it is your fault, Outta. What I want to know is why the folks at Farmer's almanac didn't see this coming. Isn't it their job to know these things? So far the only thing I've lost is my mind. The plants are handling it okay. At least I think they are. Last year when we had that really late deep freeze I lost my magnolia tree. At least the weather is only slightly dipping below freezing in my area.

Pix, thank you for allowing me to not be responsible for this freaky weather. I was concerned that we were going to be ridden out of town on a rail (a rather painful vision for me) and would have to find yet another "perfect" place on this earth. *phew* that was close!

We've been in the mid to high 20's in the morning for the past few days and it looks like 5 more days of freezing or just below. *sigh* Sure wish I could put some seedlings outside!

Thorne Bay, AK(Zone 6b)

Outta & Pixie-I don't live that far North of you-just 650 miles.The climate is only 3-4 degrees cooler than yours.My town is listed as in Zone 7,but I think it's really zone 6.I get more rain than anything else.Got a cold unseasonable 24* this morning.

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Ned- Come on down and visit us! Brrr 24, we have been down in the low 30's.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

We have about two inches of snow this morning and it is still snowing some. I don't think it is freezing though. Probably shouldn't set anything out until late April, in Mason County anyway.

Thorne Bay, AK(Zone 6b)

Rachie-I get down there once in a while.I stayed with my sister in Bellingham last year while I was undergoing chemo & radiation treatments for throat cancer.I've got a son in Arlington & friends all over,including Harley on Vashon Island.

WW-I figure I'm fairly safe here planting outside the second week in May.

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Same Harley that we know? Holly's (maurihillfarm) Harley? Hope that your chemo and radiation treatments worked well. If you know when you will be down this way let us all know, I'm sure you could meet a few DG'rs for coffee and plant talk!

Alaska!!!! I kept seeing the AK and thought, excellent another one out of zone - thought it must be arkansas. Why isn't alaska AL? or did Alabama take that one? So what is arkansas listed as? This is much too confusing.

Hello Mark and Lauri, I was wondering where you got too - in this weather it can't be a lot of outdoorness.

Hi Laurie

Actually yes, we have been sorting stuff outside........... mainly cleaning up dead leaves and stuff like that!

I too get confused with all the AK and AL and the such. But i have a yankee wench that knows them all, so i just as her.............. LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.