My garden Easter Sunday

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

I know how you all like pictures, me too. I had to get out side today, just a little above freezing, snow still on the ground but sun is shinning today. Snow crocus

Thumbnail by ladygardener1

same crocus different view, My tinkling toadstool fell over this winter. ☺

Pale yellow crocus

Snow drops

Deep purple crocus but too cold to open, even in the sun.

New Greigii tulip plant this fall just starting to peek out of the ground.

Just had to look under the leaves to see if my Pasque Flower made it through the winter. ☺

Ice on the water garden.

Closer look at ice with zoom, thought it was an interesting picture.

Snow, snow, go away don't come back another day!

Picture of my frog statue, he is standing on another frogs shoulder digging in the garden with a spade.

Port Matilda, PA(Zone 6a)

Nice pictures, Lady G! Love that toadstool. Hope it's all right...

Thanks! The toadstool is ok just needs to be straighten up. They are the cutest things. I was in the $ store a few days ago and spotted some knock-off of them, might get myself a few. Less money then the 2 I already have and just as nice, they are all one piece. Not like the tinkling ones where the cap just sits on the stem.
http://www.kinsmangarden.com/products.asp?dept=496

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

It was so pretty out today here, but I couldn't just poke around in the garden like I would have liked.....Thanks, Chris!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh Chris - don't cha just love when the flowers start making their way up? My vinca's covered the ground with those cute little ole purple blooms...I even cut some Daffy's and Hyacinth blooms to bring into the office today.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Don't have too much up yet. One bunch of crocuses came and went--poof!
My mini daffs are up on the warmer side of the house. They are always first.
A few of the regular ones are having a bloom or two. Something/somebody ate all the blooms of of one of them...:o(

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Then my purplish/mauve Hellebore is in bloom too. There will be more blooms and they will get taller. Things are kind of slow still. The pale green/white one just a couple of feet away from this one is still pretty dormant.
I have already cut off all the old leaves around both of them when I cleaned up this bed.

Thumbnail by Gitagal

Gita- remember giving me some unknown daffs with those pink and blue wood hyacinths(Spanish bluebells maybe). One bloomed- I think they look like Ice Follies- ever had them?
Here's an early small daff open for me now. My Ice Follies are open well.

Thumbnail by sallyg

as well as this one stating to open, but they are darker than the picture shows. also NoID

Thumbnail by sallyg
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Sally--What's in a name anyway?????
You know that old saying, "A Rose is a Rose--by any other name"......

So--enjoy the Daffodils--whatever they are called. I don't know any of the names anyway----Not too many of mine are blooming yet.....

I did have Betsy (at Rawlings) save me some bulbs from the most awesome daffodils last Spring. I believe they were called "Tahiti". I just went there--and they had them again. They are SO beautiful! The ones I got are up and I see the buds coming. Will post pictures when they open.

Here they are at the Conservatory......

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

May I post a few more pictures?

"Cat in a hat" was the theme----Here is the Cheshire cat over the exit sign in the South Pavillion.

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

This was cute------

They said in their literature--see if you can find the Rabbit? I am sure this was aimed more at the children--but I would not have known where to look had it not been for this Mom with her little boy giggling and pointing up. This also in the South Pavilion.....above the curved "buffet table/bar" there.....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Had a lot of these everywhere....very clever! They all do such a wonderful job! I know it takes an ungodly amount of time and effort!

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

And--of course--The Queen of Hearts----standing in a corner of the South Pavilion.....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

The neatest thing--I thought--was all these clocks hanging from the ceiling!

There is till time--if you can make it--This Spring Bulb Show goes until March 30th. Grab your hubbies and the kids and go see it! What a great place to get in the mood for Spring!

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Forgot to post this for you------

MOI! Standing by the huge Agave in the Desert House. Since I went with a friend--I had someone to take my picture.....

Thumbnail by Gitagal

All the daf pics are beautiful, one of my favorite spring flowers.

Gita, Loved the pictures, too. That Agave looks like it ready to push itself out of the ground and walk over and hug you.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh Gita...I'd be in heaven there!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.