Over Wintered Geranium

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

nice flower wow I like that one
some of mine are white, light pink, dark pink, orange, red and one is kind of purple
last summer as babies they only gave me one or two blooms but this year they will do so much better I just have to remember to fertilize them on a regular basis to get more blooms

Radford, VA(Zone 7a)

impatiens and pansies are other good choices for a bright spot indoors.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

my impatiens are blooming away..

london, United Kingdom

That looks a healthy Pelagonium to me,no more pruning just a high potash feed ( I use tomato feed ) full sun and don't over water. When can you put your plants outside? Here in London we have just had our first warm spring day of the year. My pelargoniums are outside but in a very sheltered position and I keep the rain off them. There will be a threat of frost for about another 6 weeks or so so I keep them on the dry side, that way they can tolerate the cold.

my impatients did real good for a while and then they got spider mites, it seems that every year in march some of my plants get those little buggers, so now my impatients are cut all the way back and just starting to grow again they will be perfect for going back outside at the end of may, its better than starting over with small plants

I also started lots of the large pansies because my daughter loves them so we did the multi color package, they are so cute about 3 inches tall they will be perfect for planting out at the end of may
cant wait to see everything bloom

My begonias have wintered over well, and they are ready to wake up, all my things that go Back out side are due to go out the second week of April, the things that are out there now that are peeking thru ( and it is cold this am) are the wild geranium and all the prenneils.. I won't put anything out from down here in the basement garden until that week, tho.. we still have lows of 30s due ahead this weekend.

Thumbnail by joeswife

I actually have to wake up and start to repot all my dahlias since I like the early blooms and also I have some bulbs that need a longer growing season to bloom so I have to pot them to by the end of the month

hoping to be able to get into the shed this week end lol
so I can get my pots hahahhaah its hard to plant with no pots

LOL I hear ya..Mine are all planted except the ones that go ut back by the fence.. ( cannas) rained last night, that nice slow thunder attended rain, so it is nice and wet out back now..

well that can be good to get them going but I hear its better to get them in before the rain so you dont end up full of mud ahahahhahahah

my buddy came for breakfast again

Thumbnail by scicciarella

and he brought some friends with him lol

Thumbnail by scicciarella

love those pics , Mona

its at the point that as soon as I sit out on the deck with a coffee they all come because they know I bring peanutes with me

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

I enjoyed your pictures also Mona. My geranium made it through another winter and I'm looking forward to get it outside:>)
HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!
Christine

I have fifteen of them now since I did a few cutting not wanting to but Buddy the dog broke some branches so I cut them on an angle and then just stuck them in the ground and they roots so more for me heheheheh

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

You Go Buddy !!!!!

at first I was upset till they all rooted then I thought he is smarter than me since if I had done it with a few more I would have more plants lol hahahhaha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.