The FLOWERPOT Cafe' VIII - Join us for a cup of Flowers!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Hoppy Easter Everyone! As we celebrate this holiday in our own special way with family and friends, let's celebrate with our friends on Dave's as well. Our ever growing and delightful cafe' is literally bursting at the seams with fun, fresh arrangements and flowering ideas, great comradery and delicious treats. Thanks to everyone who drops by to share their creations or simply to join in lively conversations. I know I am delighted, as well the cafe' owner, Terriculture, with all the buzzing and busy activities going on daily. Please continue to help us make this the loveliest cafe' on Dave's.

Have a seat, join us for a cuppa or two and hope you enjoy your visit!

I took the liberty of using a design by one of our newest members, Elles, to open the newest cafe'. She has captured the spirit of the season with her latest addition.

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/812790/

May Princess Kathy have many Easter Surprises!!

I Love all the Misses and Princess Kathy.

This message was edited Mar 18, 2008 9:29 AM

Thumbnail by pupilpropogtr
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

princess kathy nhere and accounted for. miss traci, tsk. tsk.

i love miss cathy

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

LOL meeee toooooo!! I hope Miss Traci starts being nice to Princess Kathy so I can stalk her more-Miss Traci you are just no fun!! ◄:oP

I love you Miss Traci Kiss Kiss!!

Princess Kathy, These things, I warmly wish for you-
Someone to love, some work to do,
A bit of o' sun, a bit o' cheer.
And a guardian angel always near

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Opps, I have corrected the error of my ways, dear Princess Kathy. Wow, you are on top of it today.

May Princess Kathy always be on top of it. :oP LOL!

I love Miss Joni!!

For you, Dear Princess Kathy! Enjoy the rich chocolate, guilty free Easter Bunny!!

Everyone, I must get Teensy to school, but hope to be back with my sticks and stones arrangement (to be made today!!).

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

So my dear friends in the cafe' will know who these lovely newcomers are, please let me introduce you to Princess Kathy, Princess for the month of March, and Miss Robbi, Lady in waiting and currently the next Princess for the month of April, if she can keep Miss Beckie from knocking her off the throne.

To give you a better understanding of what is going on, if you are interested, read the first post in this link. You may not think we are TOO crazy then, or you may still think we are.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/823803/

I love you Miss Beckie.

May Princess Kathy always have love. :oP

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

miss traci, 4 new rules starting at midnite tonite.
i love miss rachael

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

I'll check it out. I saw one new one.

To all my flower arranging friends, I have a special request. Teensy was looking at the pictures and asked if they were for her. I told her they were for everyone and, like a 3 year old, she said, but where are MINE?!?!

If you only have a single flower, please pop it in a vase and send it via picture to my dear Teensy. I am encouraging her to love gardening as well and she loves looking at the pictures on this link. Anything will do and I will be so grateful for it. It thrills me that she is so interested in this. She loves bright colors, especially pink, purple, and yellow. But we are not picky here, as it will thrill her to have anything just for her.

Easter Eggs for Everyone. Teensy and I will be making some later this week and I will share the outcome, could be reeeally funny!

May Princess Kathy always have things just for her!!

I love you Miss Rachael!!

Humansville, MO

send me your address
and i will send teensy my rabbit
it is not wax.
it got all the color flower she like.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Wow, splendid colors and lots of love got here ahead of me! Found my way to the new thread.
Traci, to answer your question, I raked and raked tons of leaves left still from last fall even after all the raking back then and these were good and soaking wet underneath. I got them on a 12'x12' tarp and then it took Steve and I both to haul them back into the woods across the street. AFter 5 trips we had it licked. Then into the actual gardens.

I then cleared everything from my potting table and washed it off and Steve applied another coat of spar urethane for this season.

Finally after the work was done I got a glass of wine and we kicked back in front of a nice fire out on the deck and listened to music for the evening.
I just love being outside.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Shoot, ya up and packed and moved and forgot to pack me along. I been out in the garden digging and uncovering and cleanign and trying to get things buckled down for anothe rbad storm coming in.

Who hid the coffee pot. I need coffee bad and a new set of hands. Mine got soft from winter and digging in the ground is tearign them up big time and i got that permant claw finger shape going on with them right now.

Incase the storm knocks me back out again. I want to wish each and everyone of ya a HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Star,
Sorry we left without you. How can we ever make it up to you?
These are for you, hope they make up for it and for the much needed coffee!
Careful through the storm, see you when its over.
Candee

Thumbnail by haighr
london England, United Kingdom

Hi Everyone and Welcome!

Thankyou Traci for the Grand opening of our new cafe.
The owner of this cafe is Dave! We just rent the place and do all the work!!!!!!!!!
Hey wouln't it be fabulous if 'Dave' actually came in for a cuppa?!

Candee, you deserved to chillax listening to music outside after all that hard work! Lovely flower arrangement, looks beautiful in the lounge, thanks Candee!
Star, The coffee is on it's way as soon as I can find the kettle to boil the water!! We would never leave you behind Star!
Take care of those hands and I hope the storm isn't too bad.

Oh it's nice to hear Teensy likes our flowers! Already it looks lovely with chocolates, eggs and a rabbit!

Good Morning Teensy.
Here are some flowers for you! Have a good day at school, .
from Mummys friend
Auntie Terri.

Thumbnail by terriculture
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Hey Teensy weensy, heres a lovely path to wander up, you can pick the Easter daisies if you like, and keep an eye out for kangaroos!

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

This ones a Tibouchina tree, isn't that a funny name Teensy? There are lots of them in Australia and they all flower at the same time. When the petals fall off, we have a purple carpet in the garden!

May princess Kathy have a purple carpet in her garden :)

This message was edited Mar 19, 2008 8:49 PM

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Sue, that tree is fantastic. I just love purple and that is so brilliant. Lovely path to stroll as well, bet Teensy will never get to school if she begins wandering in there.
Thanks Terri, those poseys are from last year, still none to be seen and expecting even more rain again today, yuk!

Norfolk, VA

Teensy,
how about a squirrel just for you! Found this one on the feeder yesterday and thought you might like it. Will try to send you a pretty flower next time.
Love ,
Beckie
i love miss tracy
i love haighr
:oP
may princess kathy be happy

This message was edited Mar 19, 2008 8:02 AM

Thumbnail by bhaugh
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Hi Teensy!
Here's a pretty flower with a butterfly on it!

Thumbnail by diggerette
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Oh, Teensy will love that, I sure do.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

very pretty flowers everyone

i love miss tammy
i love tetleytuna
:o)

This message was edited Mar 20, 2008 6:19 AM

Hi everyone!

Lovely pathway to stroll though Sue! I haven't seen a Tibouchina tree before, it looks so beautiful in flower.
Adele, that is a pretty flower, and purple too! I'm sure Teensy will love that one.
Thanks for the squirrel pic bhaugh, they always dig up my bulbs!!
Thankyou Princess Kathy, may you always have flowers!

Carrot cake, hope you like it Teensy!

Humansville, MO

hi all
no picture today
but i still thinking about all of you
princess kathy love all
elle

Hi elle, how are you today?
I've finally got some flowers and made a few arrangements for the cafe tables.
I was hoping Teensy would be here to help me decorate the cafe'!!!

roses sugar bowl

purple and green chrysanths cuppa with flower cakes!

2 spring cups.

Strawberry gataux!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Oh man, I am sooo glad I came to the cafe today! What a smorgasbord Terri! Yum, where do I begin? I think maybe the strawberry gataux please, a large slice!
happy Easter you lot!
Sue

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Food!!!!! Food for the eyes and to feed the soul with beautiful flowers. How lovely!!!!!!!!

They sure look appetizising than my granola bar. LOL

Tibochinia trees are beautiful and if you've never seen one in person yoru missing a lovely sight. So funny to see that tree. Many years ago I feel in love with a pic of it. Had to get me one and couldn't find any. They not made for this area.

Well went off to this gh in north alabama and walked into one of their houses and here was this most beautiful carpet of purple. The tree was loaded and it was a big tree and the spent flowers on the ground was stunning. Well I fell in lust with it and had to have it.

it was my first every major tree purchase. Cost me 160 dollars. have never spent that kind of money before and wont again. It was bitter cold out so i left it at gh to be picke dup a month later. Well seems in that month they lost power to that gh and my beautiful tibby had lost most of its leaves and was looking really rough.

I probably should have asked them for a refund but I didn't. We loaded that 20 gallon pot in the back of the truck and down the highway we went. All along the highway folks was smiling and tootign their horns. All my blooms was blowing off and decorating their cars. The blooms was blowing to the left and blowing to the right. I left a trail of purple leaves for over a hundred miles.

I got home and I mainly had a giant twig tree. It was stil cold out side, so we fought and fought and got the darn thing through my trailer door and into the kitchen. It took up the whole kitchen area. Ya couldnt even walk to bedroom or bathroom without being attacked by tibby branches and what few petals remained flutered to my kitchen floor.

By the time it got warm enough to put the tree outside, it was more dead than alive. Think it lasted another few months before it finalyl croaked. I cried over that tibby and every now and then I think abotu gettign another one, but doubt I will, so thanks for sharing the beautiful pics.

Humansville, MO

i so sorry to hear about your tree.
i love all the flower.
i love the one in the tea pot.
tea pot are my thing.
here is what my brother-in-law got me for xmas

Thumbnail by ellesgh
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Where to begin.
So sorry to hear about your prize tree Star, but what a great story and the tree did bring a lot of "joy ride" before it failed.
Love the cups and cups and oh the carrot cake. No flowers here today, but how bout my fresh peach pie offered up to the cafe?
Elle, what a lovely gift for the holiday.

Thumbnail by haighr

Happy Easter Sue! Thanks, glad you liked the gataux!

Hi Star, So pleased your computer is working ok now. Thanks for enjoying the goodies!
A great story about the tibby, shame after all your effort! It would have been a sight to see on the highway that day.

Hi Elle, Thankyou, I love teapots too! We are always looking for teapots at the cafe.
Nice Poinsetta? not sure how to spell it. I never manage to keep them alive after christmas!!
Good you came in, I just made a fresh pot of tea.

HAPPY EASTER everyone! where's your eggs and easter baskets?!!!
Oh Peach pie, Thankyou Candee, it looks delicious, have we got any double cream to have with it?

Please!

Humansville, MO

thank you every one
i love hot tea with cream and suger
i will take a slice of pie thank you
elle

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

You know all these years and I never would have thought to put a flower in the spout, you are ingenious. Plenty of cream to be whipped later Terri and have plenty of ice cream in the freezer.

Elle, I'll go and cut your pie!

Humansville, MO

ok
i use to make all our desert
went the kids were home.
thata long time ago
lol
elle

Thankyou Candee! Oh love ice cream, what flavour have you got?
We have chocolate and vanilla cones at the cafe!

This message was edited Mar 22, 2008 2:29 AM

Flower egg in birds nest.... Happy easter!

egg basket

another basket of eggs...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.