I must be blind........

Lilburn, GA(Zone 7b)

I know the answer is hiding here somewhere......please accept my apologies if I am asking a question that has the answer right in front of my face.

First time indoor seed starter. Used seed starter mix and those plastic trays that are divided into little pots but are attached all together that you fill up with mix and push the seed in. EVERYTHING germinated.

Now my question.....can I continue to keep my seedlings in these trays until I am ready to transplant them outdoors? Kinda like those 6 pak of annuals you can buy at the garden centers.

Most of these are cooler weather type annuals but I really want to wait about another 3 wks before planting outside.

I have been setting these trays outside during the day so I think I can safely say they are 'hardened off"

appreciate all your help!

carole

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Whether you can keep them there or not depends on how big the seedlings are--you don't want them to get rootbound in those little pots, so if they are large enough it may be advantageous to pot them up now then transplant them outside in a few weeks. But if they're still tiny and there's plenty of room for their roots to grow in there, then they may be fine for another couple weeks.

Lilburn, GA(Zone 7b)

Gotcha!

They are nowhere close to becoming rootbound at this time.

thanks so much!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.