Happy St. Patty's Day

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

From my first little blossom of the season and I!!!

Thumbnail by Chantell
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

AHHHHHHHHHHWWWWWWWWWWWWWW..............>;)

Chantel! You both look really adorable! So great to have a Grandchild! It is like you are given a second chance at parenting.......BUT--you do not have to deal with any of the consequences. All you have to do is love and spoil.....Sadly--by now--I know I will never have the pleasure. It is one of the great sadnesses in my life......

GREAT picture!!!!! Gita

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Chantell: She is a positive doll!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Gita - I don't know what the circumstances are but I am so sorry! We'll be happy to come up and converge upon your house any time...just let me know - hugs!

Happy - thank you :)

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Awwwwww. I don't know who has the prettier smile. She's just adorable, Chantell.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Picture perfect! So touching and suitable for framing!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

That is cute, Chantell! We had corned beef, cabbage and potatos for dinner here. How many others did?

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

I've got goose bumps and that warm, fuzzy feeling - what an adorable picture :)))

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ya'll are so sweet...thank you!!! She's become quite the little person now...something new each day.

Sally - I'm embarrassed to say I did one of my - throw whatever's in the fridge/freezer in a pan with pam and seasoning...looks gross but tastes good...LOL

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Sally: We usually have corned beef, cabbage and potatoes, but ran out of time this year. Phooey.

This was the first time I did it. One of those- "what the heck will I make for dinner today " days when I saw the pack of corned beef -cheap- and easy directions. Now I want to go back and three more for the freezer if they get the ' $X off today' stickers on them. Course, my kids didn't eat it.

Chantell- 'Blossom' is about...ten months now? Walking soon?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Yepper (good memory, Sally) she'll be 11 months on the 25th...and has been walkin' for a week now... "Ain't no stoppin' us now..."

rough calculations based on hart's swap ; ^)
Do you sing that to her? I can hear her sing 'ain no toppin us now~~'
My first walked early but fell a lot, my second walked late but never fell once she did. My third, well, who keeps track of any of that after the first two. LOL

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

LOL So funny you would say that....DD #3 said to me tonight...did any of us walk that early. For the life of me I couldnt' remember when SHE'D started wallking...it wasn't as late as her oldest sister but wasn't as early as the baby's mom or my son....errrrr....not gettin' the mommy of the year award I don't think. I sing all the time...thank God the kids don't mind...LOL Everything brings to mind a song....Chloe's now going around saying La Laaaa Laa La!! Too, too cute.

AAAHhh, quick make something up and stick to it. My baby had to take a baby picture to school yesterday for a project, and had to take a note with birth weight and length. MMMM,,,,, 8 lb 1 oz 20 1/2 inches!!!! yeah, teacher'll buy that.
Now, I spent the last two hours of his day being variably annoyed with him over a book report. I am now going to ccrawl in bed with him......i want my babies back.....He loved 'this little piggy'

Hey, any mommy that sings all day long gets major joy points in my book anyway...

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Isn't it amazing how they go from annoying the you know what out of you ...to you just wanna snuggle with them a bit?? Chloe's been fighting a sinus infection...I could hear Christine in the kitchen saying: "Chloe..time for your medicine" - then a few seconds lately singing "Shake it up baby now...twist and shout" OMG...I busted out laughing...I used to do that when shaking their med bottle before measuring it out...too funny what they remember us doing.

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Ahhh, I sang "Shake it up, baby, twist and shout", that old Chubby Checkers' (?) song to my little bubba when he was one. He loved it!!

Chantell, that little girl is precious!! Such a lovely photo of you two to cherish. It has the spirit of St. Patrick's Day, when there is much good in the land and blessings to celebrate. Well, we had corned beef and potatoes yesterday!! I'm Irish, too!!

http://wtv-zone.com:80/emma/clover/cards/luck.html

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Thought ya'll enjoy our "trading pics" LOL http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/825289/

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Chantell, every time I pop into Mid-Atlantic and see your picture I can't help but smile. ☺

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Me too, Chantel! I hope you enlarge this picture and have it framed....for posterity and for Emily when she grows up. It is priceless!!!.....

Gita

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ya'll are too sweet...when I see her face first thing in the morning it brightens my day as well!!

Crozet, VA

Gita, Emily is my granddaughter. ha-ha I don't have a very recent picture, but rest assured that next week when I visit, I will take my camera and have her mom or dad take a picture of us together too. Little Miss Emily was born on May 30, a wee bit behind Chloe. She isn't walking yet, but is standing alone now and holding herself up on coffee table and couch.

She makes a real fool of me too. I won't win awards for singing, but I try. I already know that she will refer to me as the silly granny, you know the one who is always waving her hands above her head and singing silly little ditties.

Chantell, she looks very much like you, same mouth and all it seems. She is a real cutie. Thanks for sharing.

Ruby

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Sorry about the name mix-up! Sometimes there is just too much information on this Post to keep things straight.....
I was talking about Chantell's picture........

G.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ahh Gita...I knew what you meant...no worries.

Ruby - gonna hold you to showing us some updated pics of that cute grandbaby of yours!! Cant' wait to see them. We can start a new thread: "Easter Babies" - Human or furr!!

Crozet, VA

I saw Emily on Thursday and took her Easter stuff to her. I don't think that we will see them tomorrow. I know that she has a special Easter dress, so I will call her parents and ask them to get some pictures of her wearing that. But......I still want one of the two of us together.

I had two sons and the only thing that I thought I missed about having a girl was being able to buy her pretty little outfits. Shoot, I bought the child a sterling silver bracelet before she was born. I am having fun shopping for girl things finally.

Did I tell you that she makes me weak in the knees when she grins? ha-ha Happy Easter to all.

Ruby

P.S. I am up for some more pics if you have some Chantell...........

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes Ruby... I know what they mean now about a grandbaby vs your own child. I watched her this morning while her mama was at work...when she toddles over to me, wraps those chubby little arms around me and pats my back and could just die...I'm in heaven with her now. Rough start as she wasn't a very happy camper when younger...but she's making up for it now.

Crozet, VA

Do you mean that she was colicky or something? Not sure I understand. But certainly glad that she is a happy baby now.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes, without sounding like a horrible grandmother - she was VERY fussy earlier on...ugh!!!

St Joseph, IL(Zone 5b)

Just found this forum. Miss Chloe has your smile. How adorable! Nice to see your smiling face again.
Laura

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.