Plant files photos

Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Just a reminder to everyone, if you have good photos of any Hippeastrum varieties, do add them to the Plant Files entries. There are several cultivars which don't have any photos attached and I just know that you all have great photos you haven't posted there!

Ewing, VA

Hi kniphofia! I surely will once I figure out how...lol! I will need to give that some time. I have hundreds of pics just stored both in pc and camera.

Bessemer City, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks for making an important point, Kniph.

Ewing, VA

OMG!!! It took me almost an hour to post Vivaldi's pic in Plantfiles. But I did it. Yayyyyy! I learned something very new tonight! I hope it gets approved.

I have a question though. Some pics in there are not right. Can you post a right pic of that certain variety? How? Some infos are not true also like La Paz being sterile and not setting seed.

I have Vlammenspel in bloom right now. It did not fully open but you can still see the real colors of the flower. Can you post a pic of a flower that is not in it's best quality but true to it's name?

Now you got me started. Wait and see...lol!

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I don't grow a lot of Hippeastrums, but by sheer celtic luck, one of mine actually opened today so I added it in to the PlantFiles--or rather, its in the process of opening up....

Maria if you come across an error you can report it to the admin staff. On the Plant Files home page there is a red button near the top right of the page called 'Report An Error'. We should do all we can to produce an accurate database of hippeastrum varieties I think.

Sue

Ewing, VA

Vivaldi is IN!!! Yayyyy! I posted Christmas Star a few hours ago and Honeymoon just now. More to come...

Sue..."Report and error" Oh my, I'd hate to do that. I even rarely complain to my bulb suppliers of mislabeled bulbs. I kinda just inform them or send them a pic. Maybe posting a TRUE pic would make admin. realize of the error?

LOL Maria, it's not complaining, just pointing out an error :) Hey I've had some of my pics removed for being inaccurately named (not amaryllis mind), so what the heck.

Ewing, VA

Sue...How would you post pics of varieties that they don't have listed? I have some that are not listed but have pics to share.

Maria on the PF home page you'll see a button on the red banner line near the top with "Add A Plant". If you click on that the boxes will come up for you to fill in the name. I'm sure you know the family name is Amaryllidaceae but that's the part I usually have to look up :)
Looking forward to seeing your pics!

San Gerardo de Rivas, Costa Rica(Zone 12b)

You are so cute mariava7, not wanting to complain! Your photos are so great and very professional looking, not to mention artistic. They will look good in the database. The only thing I have to add is Maria/Marie Goretti, thanks to lots of encouragement from raydio, lol! She seems to be somewhat of an "heirloom" variety and not readily available anymore.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.