Join Us! Seed Swap Seed Starting & Conversation #7

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

That's great Meredith! I'm planting mine out in the spring, sound like you are going to have quite a few of them they must like it wet cause last year when I started mine outside they didn't germinate until it rained, has to be something about that u think :)

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Did you all see this:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/825211/

Nelson, NH(Zone 5a)

Thanks Lea ; )

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Cool Beans.... I love free stuff .... and LOVE to try new stuff.... and "Green" to boot.

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Suzy it sounds like you're having a grand time. I'm jealous!....but glad you've gotten to have a great adventure all the same. I just finished planting the experimental zinnia seeds. (I know, I know, I was supposed to be finished Thursday, but I keep finding "one more seed" that I just HAVE to have this year.)

You know I just gotta take a minute here and thank you for all I've learned from you (and all the rest of you too for that matter.) When I cleaned my zinnias last fall I noticed the difference in the seeds, but had no idea WHY there was a difference. I wasn't sure if one was viable and one was not (ray vs. disc) or just what the poop was and I'm really looking forward to seeing what we get from your seeds.

I've done a lot of shifting tonight trying to make more room. It's time to face the fact that there IS no more room. My parents have a little cabin a few miles from here that they just baaaarely heat in the winter....just enough to keep the pipes from freezing. But there is a corner that is almost all glass...almost a greenhouse in fact. I don't think they're going to appreciate it, but I'm trying to determine what I might "sneak" out there when they aren't looking. (I'm going on the premise that it's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to ask permission. LOL!) Besides, it will only be for a few weeks, right? And they don't really need that dining room table right now anyway, right? I've already got the snaps outside, now I just have to figure out what else won't mind the cooler temps.

And oh yes Miss Flowerhead! I would be so very tickled to bum a few pepper seeds from you. I am sending a D now. :-D

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

I finally have my fairy thimbles & lemon lime hosta germinating!!! I need to tkae soem things & put in the fridge today per the growing instructions and some others out from outside and bring in-I will have to get the 4" of snow off my WS trays first!! I have to do all of this after Easter dinner....

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Happy Easter, everyone!

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

oh-and thanks Lea-I signed up for it too!!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

NEW THREAD started here === > http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/826501/

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

Happy Easter! No seed starting until tonight because I'm off to the family's. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.