Watering Question

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Do I need to add water? It has been getting warm, although we're still a long ways from last frost, and I have condensation in some of my containers, but not all of them. Should I water the ones without?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Only you can tell when they need water.

Try sticking your finger in the dirt. Is it moist or dry? Also notice the weight of the jug. Moist will be heavy, thirsty ones will feel lighter.

You might only see condensation when the sun shines directly on them.

Karen

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Thank you! I can see some need water, but some don't. I thought I read somewhere not to mess with them again, then someplace I read I should see condensation, so I was confused. Thanks a bunch!

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

I sat mine in a baby wading pool last week and let them soak up some water because they were pretty dry.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

The key word is "gently", so as not to disturb the seeds that have not yet germinated. A gentle spray of water as opposed to a hard stream will do the trick.

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

LOL-"gently" I just throw a handful of snow in there-LOL

Winter sowing is about letting mother nature happen-so a handful of snow is normal here-LOL

I Love Miss Beckie and load of hugs to Princess kathy

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

Hey distant, good to see you around. I have so many entries to add to your WS database. I am trying to keep up on the computer so I may have to wait until hot summer time to update on the database.

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

grrr-you do know that I just got 3
inches of snow right-LOL
Yeah-I thought so!! ((HUGS))
Miss you!!

I Love Miss Rachael
I Love dylancgc
May princess Kathy never Miss anyone! :oP

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I just sprayed through the top with a mister. Couldn't even see the soil move, but it looked wet after that.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.