Would anyone want to trade for my seeds?

Warren, OH(Zone 5b)

Hi,
I need those plastic seed starting cells, and I have a gazillion seeds I can trade. I have been everywhere looking for the empty seed starting packs, I have the starter mix and the trays, but I am out of the packs. Would anyone like to trade?
Thank you,
Kathy

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Kathy, I'm sorry your local garden center isn't getting them in! I got tired of hunting around for them a while back and ordered a big case of the deep 36 cell ones from B&T grower's supply... but I still have to hunt around for a few 48 cell inserts each season!

Next time, I'll probably order from Grower's Solution... he has both the #606 deep ones that I like and the 48 cell inserts. http://www.growerssolution.com/page/GS/CTGY/inserts I ordered Cow Pots from him this year; great customer service!

Maybe somebody in your area would split an order with you...

Hopefully, you'll find somebody to trade with you! I'm just not in a position to get them shipped out right now, or I'd at least send you some used ones if you wanted them. :-)

Warren, OH(Zone 5b)

Thank you so much, I think I found some that a member is going to send to me. I went to all of the "bargain" stores today also, no luck.
Kathy

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm glad you found a source. I'm sorry I couldn't help more directly! I'm telling you, though, ordering a case a couple years ago was one of the best things I ever did for starting seeds... nice not to have to chase around after those darn things while seedlings start crowding each other in their little trays! I'll probably use mine up this season, and I'm definitely ordering more -- both sizes, this time. :-)

Warren, OH(Zone 5b)

yes, I will order some when hubby goes back to work, laid off all winter, he works on the river, ugh. I have raided our recycling center numerous times for things to winter sow in, I cleaned them out of clear milk jugs, lol. I just CAN'T STOP PLANTING. heeeeeeeeeeeelp, heheh I have planted and landscaped our American Red Cross here, I am a full time Disaster Volunteer, and I cant wait to plant the things I have started. The Yvonnes Salvia will be gorgeous! I have the red theme thing going by the front door, Red Cross-red flowers, lol. Also when I was down south for Hurricane Katrina one of the local folk gave me a small bag of seeds and wouldn't tell me what they were, just that I would love them and they would be hardy here. I started those last night, I hope the seeds are still good.
Thank you everyone for trying to help.
Kathy

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Good for you with the winter sowing and the Red Cross plantings! I wish I'd been able to get to the post office this week; I could've sent you a bunch of used-but-not-abused ones! Glad you're set now.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.