Need some help please

(Zone 4a)

I got a few jugs ready to go outside....I am not sure where to put them - do I put them in shade or sun? It is still pretty cold here so I am sure the containers would not warm up for the next few weeks for sure?? Still I am confused.

Has anyone winter sowed lobelia?

Conneaut, OH(Zone 5a)

This is my first year w.s.Put mine out a couple of weeks ago.They are under 2 feet of snow.Growing different seeds.I went for a shelterd,southeast exposure which should give some morning sun.From everything I've ever read morning sun is the most beneficial.That said,I will be keeping a watchful eye on them.I've direct sowed lobelia before with fair results.Not on my list to grow this year.Edge

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm winter sowing lobelia seed in a couple of weeks. It sounds like it's a bit sensitive to cold so I wouldn't want any sprouts to freeze out if a cold snap occurs.

Right now I have my containers in a south east exposure too with a bit of protection from the house.

Later in the spring I'll spread out my containers but I want the little seedlings to be a bit sheltered from the hot sun (and also so they don't dry out so quickly if I forget to water).

Thumbnail by tabasco

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.