Philadelphia Flower Show 2008 Part 1

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

The theme Jazz It Up
Music and flowers what a great combination. With a splash of New Orleans.
This is the side view of the display right in front of the main entrance. Note the piano keyboard arch and over-sized fiddle. With waterfalls at each end.
Note the green & white display on the left in the background.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Closer
BTW all these pictures were taken by Ric.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Here is that green & white display much prettier than we could capture. Some how the moss covered water tubes were not near as distracting as they appear in our pictures

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

There were tables full of these simple glass jar arrangements.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

This was a very interesting arrangement also

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

These New Orleans inspired balconies and yes they had some very good jazz playing for most of the day.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

How about a picnic in the park? I loved the way they used the leaves in the jars to dress up the arrangements. Although I’m not sure I would cut up my Chinese Evergreen to get some to use.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Masses of bright colors

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Here is a pretty little court yard notice the brass fountain. LOL Hard to see but the piano in the lower left has a waterfall pouring out of the middle and there is a tuba bird bath just out of the picture.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Here is a closer look at the piano waterfall and some of the lovely plants. Notice the artfully applied moss on the top and side of the piano. That kind of small detail is found everywhere at the show.

This message was edited Mar 10, 2008 7:52 PM

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Another beautiful pond.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Very Whimsical

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Amazing huge arrangements Tropical boarders and unique wildlife.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Close up of the huge arrangements

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

A lot of the arrangements have this Marti Gras mask look. Note the flower balls on the pedestal to the left.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ah, here they are. This was such a fun garden.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

This entire table top is covered in cut flowers used just as a table cloth

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

What a beautiful bride. Notice all the little details, the bodice

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

The skirt.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

And last the Headdress. This is it for Part 1 I'll post more pictures later.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

What a gorgeous exhibit they had this year! Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. I look forward to seeing the rest of your photos from the Philadelphia Flower Show.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Very nice, Holly...place is amazing isn't it?

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

I've been waiting for your pictures - thank you Holly (and Rick)!!! It's been 3 years since I've been to this show and your photos are "almost" like being there :) I love the arrangements with the leaves in the glass jars! Hmmm...giving me ideas, I wonder if Hosta leaves would work? Might just have to chop a few leaves and try it this year :)

(Zone 6a)

Thanks for sharing beautiful pictures!

Connie

Port Matilda, PA(Zone 6a)

Wouldn't it be fun to help put something like that together! So much creativity and beauty...thanks, Holly

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Many many creative and unique ideas at the show. Great theme and thanks for the photos and the explanations.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Thanks for sharing, Holly. So many pretty pictures. Nice to see something blooming, isn't it?

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Thanks Holly! I would so love to get up there some year. Every year I think "this will be the year I go" and every year something comes up.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm so glad you are enjoying the pictures. I wish they were a little better some are so very hard to see the dark corners. And getting a shot without a person in them was almost impossible. I had to crop the one with the Peacock there was a woman's hand holding out a cell phone trying to get a picture. She reached out right in front of Ric. LOL
Connie, Has just the most beautiful close ups on her thread you can really see the flowers.
The gardens where just jammed full of plants. I could see people walking around saying I want my yard to look just like that. And as a gardener knowing that those plants would never all be blooming at one time in nature. Or that the growing conditions were so different you would never have them even in the same beds. But that didn't detract from the enjoyment I got from seeing the displays.

Rcn, I didn't even think of Hosta leaves. I have a lot of them to spare.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Holly, thank you thank you for sharing some photos of the show! I so wanted to get up there this year, but I just couldn't do it. I went a couple years ago, and it was stunning!

I do like the leaves in the jars of flowers... and I also love the flowers painted on the backs of those white chairs. I'll bet that would even be a good way to dress up the plastic versions of those chairs... might be worth a try, either with paint or with decopage, followed with a coat of clear polyurethane.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ha, Back in the 60's I did something like that. Flowers, Peace symbols and Doves. I had wooden furniture with cushions in my living room. I used paint that would glow under my black light. Ah memories of my Hippie life style.

(Zone 6a)

HollyAnnS, I use my Canon Digital Rebel XTi with EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens and Speedlite 580EX II. They are wonderful devices!

In the case, any of you have not see my thread...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/822386/

Leave a comment in my photos if you like to. :-)

Connie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.