Seeds from ERYNGIUM AGAVIFOLIUM

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Would one of you kind folk please tell me how I can gather seeds from my Eryngium Agavifolium. When i bought it last year, i got it for it's fantastic spiky foliage, this year it supprised me by flowering which was a double bonus. Now the seed heads are going brown and the thought accured to me that if i could get some seeds out of it, there may be some people here that i could share them with.
Any ideas please, thanks Daisychain

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

D_C I'd imagine that it would be like other sea hollies. If the seeds are ready they should fall into your hand easily if you gently rub the seed head with your thumb. I took pictures of the seeds and seed head on my Eryngium planum today. I added it to the plant database. http://davesgarden.com/plants/go/827.html

This message was edited Thursday, Aug 23rd 5:10 PM

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

daisy i would love some of those when theyre ready - lemme know! they look a lot like cornflower seeds.

lil

Cheers Poppysue, i'll get the band-aid at the ready, theyre mighty prickly!

Lil, if i get some seed from them, your more than welcome. I'll pop some in with the trade next month, ok?

sure, thanks - that would be great! i've got a lot of cuttings for you now, should be fun!

Lil, all those mints i took cuttings from have taken. All 100%. Im shocked, i don't usually have much success at cuttings. They must have known they would be going to your garden.

hehe, i'm really looking forward to getting them! i've finally got some euonymus to root and i have some black peppermint, pineapple mint, eau de colgne mint, oregano (plain and variegated), sage, some sempervivums, sedum fosteranium and some pelargoniums all rooted!

Eryngium Agavifolium, was successfully de-seeded this morning. Thanks Poppysue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.