Thumbnail by Cottage_Rose
Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

flowers

rusty old swing

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Now .... who would have thought "Cottage Rose" would have a Cottage style garden ..... hahaha

I love it Cottage Rose, a dream garden for sure.

Kathy

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Well this a part I re-did last year....

Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

another shot Im going to re-do this this summer!!!! I have phlox and bulds coming from many co-ops Are they here yet???? Basically I love the hodge podge look and not much sun this is the sunniest spot in my yard...

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

these are some of the free hostas I stole from my parents house when they moved!!! man did i ever have fun that day....:):):):)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

more "freebies" Im kinda upset I must've deleted my newer side yard garden path shot... That is my favorite.. I dont have massive spances of yard but enjoy the yard we do have.... I may dig up the whole fron yard this summer who knows when the mood will stike me!!!! My husabnd is always smiling at me in the summer he knows I love it...Ronna

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

There is my ligulara in November sorry thats all i could find.. Of my favorie part of the yard and this is looking pretty "haggered". Ronna

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Cottage rose, all I can say is I love your gardens. Is that rose champion in Post #4669299 'Flowers'?
I've never grown it before, but I received seeds this year and have it started in my basement. I want to grow it in an area that I will never water, and is by a road. I'm trying to plant drought resistant plants there this summer. Hubby doesn't want to cut the grass there anymore, and wants a garden that needs minimal care.

Bizzie11, your hubby should be proud of his garden, beautiful picture.

gardenlady123, I enjoyed all your pictures. Isn't it great when you get those free plants and you have just the spot for them. :o)

toofew

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Not to answer Cottage Roses question yes, those are rose campions in that photo I have many of them and they spread very fast!!!! If you need some more seed I would be glad to send some.... That is if the snow ever goes away... They are very pretty indeed. I like the texture and "furryness" of the leaves.. They do flower most of the summer. And when they are all in blossom the y are very vibrant. Yes they are some georgeous gardens enjoyed looking at them... Ronna

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

I am so excited to get home and dig in the dirt i cant stand it! I have so many plans to work on. Now, if i can just do all of them...I never do but this year i will, dangit!!!

Yes that is Rose Campion.
It reseeds itself and spreads but I haven't found it invasive.
If you want something that will grow in dry gravel get some Blanket Flowers.
Tough as nails and blooms all season long.
There are new color varieties now too.

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Cottage rose , I had to look up 'Blanket Flowers'. Yes, I'm growing several different kind s of Gaillardia from seed. I know they won't come true, but I really don't care.
I didn't know they were THAT hardy. LOL
toofew

Mine are planted next to our drive way which is dirt with lots of small gravely stones, dry and compacted as all get out but every year I dig seedlings out of the driveway.

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

OH I just loved all the pictures. Your gardens inspire!! I love all the differences and variations of plants. Just to see blooming things this time of year is so wonderful!!
Thanks to all who post you bring a little joy to cold winter day!!
Julie

Traverse City, MI

Here's one of my favorite shots of the rose garden. My husband built the brick walkways when our neighbor asked to be married in the rose garden. My little granddaughters love to play in the garden too

Thumbnail by Karen4Roses

Hi Karen!
I didn't know you were a member here!
(QTee/Vicky here)
This is a great bunch here, you should post more often.
I don't go to the GW anymore because with my dial up its painfully slow after ivillage took over.

Karen lives on the beautiful Old Mission Peninsula in northern Michigan and has a beautiful place! Went there once to pick up roses that their rose society ordered from Great Lake Roses.
Lee and I drove up there about a month ago.
Just drove up for the day and went to Old Mission Tavern for lunch.

Love the pic. I love brick pavers.
Beautiful addition to your gardens.

Traverse City, MI

Hey Vicky! I just joined Dave's Garden this weekend - how nice to hear from you again. Do stop in the next time you're up here. Bet you loved your lunch at Old Mission Tavern - it's always yummy. I saw some of the Cottage Rose postings and didn't realize it was you. I can tell I'm going to love this site.

This is a great site to be! I love it. Only wish i found it sooner!
michelle

Karen thats weird...it says on your page that you joined in 2002.
I thought that was a loooong time to lurk. LOL

Yah we do love the food at the OM Tavern.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Very nice everyone love the roses Karen4roses.... Lots of beautiful flowers everyone. Cant wait for all of them to return...I can see many little heads starting to peek up. Smiles, Ronna

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Karen,
Love your Rose Garden! I always wanted to do something like yours!! Lovely..
HUUUUUMMMM maybe i can steal a good idea here!! Keep those pictures coming!!
I need more ideas!!
Julie

Traverse City, MI

Jazzy, you really need to come to Traverse City - We'll sit in the garden with a bottle of a great Old Mission red wine and share garden ideas! Maybe with some homemade cherry pie - it IS Traverse City after all!

Can I come too?!?
Karen has a very charming place and lots of gorgeous roses!
I'm not into wine though.
Got really super drunk on it a long time ago when I was young and foolish and now I can't even stand the smell of it. LOL

P.S.
I DO like cherry pie though! ;o)

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Karen,

I love your rose garden. Thanks for sharing the picture. Welcome to Dave's. Hope to see you around more.

Brenda

Traverse City, MI

You're all welcome any time - I can do tea for the non-wine drinkers, but you can't come to Traverse City and skip the cherry pie,
LOL!

I love Reislings!!!! Black Star is my fav! Yummmmm. Lets all be wino's.

LOL @ flowrgirl!

We've been to Black Star Farm 2-3 times
and to some of the vineyards on O.M.P.
My DH does the wine tasting.
I will drink a Margarita though...and eat pie! ;o)

I love margaritas too and pie. I have a sweet tooth so sweet drinks and sweet food are happy in my ever fattening mid-section!LOL

Cherry wine and chocolate! Ice wine, desert wine, reislings, all yummy things. I would have to say ive been to black star at least 4 times. i love it so much. Beautiful and lots of great sweet wines for me to drink!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

ok now were talking margarita and pie!!!

cant drink wine-madd dogg 20-20 cured me in high school!
just the smell gets to me!! LOL

LOL! I think everyone had a spell with md 20/20! We were young and didnt know any better!

Dori did you read about my wine experience above?
I was SOOO sick.
I drank a whole bottle of Thunderbird Wine (that's worse than Boones Farm) real fast.
Sure did crazy things in high school.

I have an idea...maybe Karen can spike her cherry pie with some Jose Quervo. ;o)

This is what we did alot of in Mexico in February.
I rarely drink but yee-haa! We were on vacation.
Pict. son Jordan and I at son Benjamin's wedding reception
on the Caribbean ocean!
(I wanna gooo baaaaccck!)

Double fisting i see, cottagerose! Beer in one mixed in another, paaarrrttttyyyyyyyy!

I have gotten sick from wine and liquor a few times but i still love em both!

LOL
Yah we were having a blast!
I slugged down 5 drinks at the reception.
I never do that but those Pina Coladas went down reeeal smoooth!

they do that. what a beach. lets go! My bf is going to Hawaii monday. lucky bum!

Oh I'd love to go again!
We loved it!
Hope to go back some day.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.