Native Plants found in the Wild.

Thorne Bay, AK(Zone 6b)

If those butterflies exist in this wet climate,I've never seen them.I just like the plant because it thrives in a gravel/rock/sand roadside envitonment.

NE Medina Co., TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, and here is a photo of the Showy Menodora, Menodora longiflora, that grows around here. I managed to get some to grow in my garden. The flowers have a fragrance that's really sweet if you're close enough to catch it.

This message was edited Aug 27, 2008 11:52 AM

Thumbnail by LindaTX8
Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh Linda!! the Showy Menodora you gave finally bloomed for me, so adorable, here is the picture

Thumbnail by frostweed

And a view from the side, thank you for all the lovely plants you have given me, I think of you often when I see them.
Josephine.

Thumbnail by frostweed
NE Medina Co., TX(Zone 8a)

You're welcome, Josephine. I love to see that a plant I started found a good home. One of menodoras already went to seed after blooming. Another isn't doing anything yet...I moved it so I could extend a flowerbed, so it's my fault.

Santa Fe, NM

A very pretty flower.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Cardinal flower - low light w/ zoom

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

colony

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

wild sunflowers

Thumbnail by jmorth

Very nice pictures Jmorth.

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

Hello all!
My wild ageratum is in it's full glory! I have it over flowing in many of my beds.
George

Thumbnail by daylilydaddy

That is really pretty, I bet the butterflies love it, they do here.

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous jmorth & daylilydaddy. really beautiful plants and photography too.

Benton County, MO(Zone 5a)

Beautiful plants everyone! You can see all of our wild plants by clicking my name and looking at my pics I've submitted. Most all are ones found here in the wild, with just a few exceptions.

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

We have had lots of rain this August and lots of wildflowers are in bloom. This was taken at the back of our property, sunflowers.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Santa Fe, NM

Nice shot. Very pretty!

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Thanks. We took a hike and I have many wildflower photos on my flickr photos. They are nicer to view there and easier than uploading them one by one here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltdiva/sets/72157604354555914/

If you know the names please leave me a comment of email. Thanks!

Beautiful cactuspatch! Isn't it wonderful? I've been so happy this late summer/fall. Things are starting to dry up now so I wish it would rain again.

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Yes Angele, I have stopped on the roadsides from here to Hillsboro and from here to Rio Rancho just loving all the wildflowers. Thanks for the ids or sending me in the correct place on all the wildflower photos I took up near Cloudcroft. I love the desert and when we get rains and the desert blooms it is just icing on the cake huh? ; )

Santa Fe, NM

I so agree! From this morning.

Thumbnail by roybird

That is gorgeous! Which are the yellow flowers?

Santa Fe, NM

Thanks, frostweed. There is no garden as beautiful as nature. The large yellow flowering shrubs are called Chamisa. The smaller yellow sunflowerish plants in the foreground are a type of aster, like the purple asters, but different! l.o.l. I will try to look them all up when I have more time later today. These plants are all over New Mexico in the fall and many are allergic to them.

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Beautiful and I happen to be one of those who is allergic so I also thought "sneezy" as my Dad called them sneeze weeds!

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Helenium autumnale perhaps?

Santa Fe, NM

Well, the Chamisa or Rabbitbrush is Chrysothamnus nauseosus according to Plants of the Southwest, a wild plant nursery. The purple asters are Aster bigelovii. The other yellow flower could be many things. My guess is Helianthus maximiliani, New Mexico Sunflower. But I'm not sure on that.

Well, they are all beautiful, and some of them are native to Texas as well.

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

I just found this thread. I have enjoyed every minute here. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics of native plants.

I would especially love to have some silene virginica (sp)

I really do need to join the native plant society here and go on the plant rescues.

Brenda

North, TX

I agree plantnutz, Wow, nice pictures. Very interesting to learn about all native plants growing in the wild; maybe it's time to start a new thread for this year? It took awhile to download this one........ How about it Frostweed, please?

Thumbnail by Allwild

O.K. I started a new thread here it is;
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/963580/
Josephine.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.