In like a Lion !!!!!

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

This is what I woke up to this morning! Had an ice storm last evening, we got out of work early last night 5:00pm instead of the usual 7:00. My boss drove my car up to the back door and helped me in as the parking lot was an ice skating rink.

I rescheduled my bone scan for next week as this morning was not the day for an 1 1/2 hour drive to the hospital.

Don't know if you can seed the ice on the power lines but the power has been cutting out at times.

Good day to start some more seeds in the basement, don't you agree?

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Central, VA(Zone 7b)

Lady, Seed starting is what I did today, too, with some seeds sent to me by Beckygardener in Florida. We had a gorgeous day today--sunny and 60. I know it's not going to stay this way, but it sure gave me a lift. I hope you get one soon too. I enjoy your posts on the Mid-Atlantic forum.

Lynchburg, VA

Hi Pam, we are pretty close to each other...I am outside Lynchburg. I have been getting those seeds started indoors, but not even my peas have sprouted outdoors...still too cold. I am taking a propagation class later this month outside c-ville, interested?

Kyrina

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Poor Chris. It's been warm here during the day the past three days although cold at night. We got rain when you were getting all this ice and snow.

Major snow storm predicted for me. I left for work at 8:30 this morning, lucky we only had one patient scheduled for today. I left at 11:00 and the roads were starting to get covered. A lot of slipping and sliding on the roads now. Things are deteriorating fast!

This is a picture out my back door.

Here is a picture taked March 5th in the afternoon of the ice left in the trees.

Another from March 5th

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Raining here again today. It's in the 40s but supposed to go down into the 20s tonight so I hope it stops before it gets cold enough to be snow or ice.

I hate ice storms because we always have to worry about power lines coming down and knocking our power out.

This mornings picture, it snowed all night and still coming down, here is DH snowblowing at 8:00 am.

View out the front window.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Oh Chris :( To think I was depressed because it's just too darned cold to garden and now I see your photos and realize I need to stop whining! Warm weather earlier in the week just had me itching to garden but I don't think we're out of the woods yet - DH has been telling me all winter that he "predicts" a major snow event, at least major for us, around the 17th of March. Looking at the long range forecast, he might just be right! Keeping my fingers crossed that he's wrong. In the meantime, looks like you'll be spending plenty of time in the basement with your seeds! I'll be praying for the warm weather to come your way and melt away all that snow :)

Debbie, Today it was very sunny out still cold, Saint Pattie's Day we all hold our breath we are noted for some major snow storms that day. Keeping fingers crossed for Sunny and at least high 40s.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Bbbrrr....I'm getting chills just looking at all that snow!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.