What's in doing in your part of the country??? Pt.2

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

What a striking photo growin! Mabelline blue against Daffodil yellow...coooool! Luv your truck!

Erynne

Victoria Harbour, ON

Can you imagine such beauty, I've never seen fields filled with flowers..

It was -4 when I passed through Barrie this morning but the sun was brilliant and felt warm..

Up extra early, nothing to do in the house so left with coffee in hand..got to Canal Rd. which is 3/4 of the way to the office, tunes playing, sun shinning and dropped into the flower garden centre...OMG plants everywhere as were freezers of cut flowers..they had an extra large bouquet of flowers for only $10.00 (I mean huge) probably cost about $40.00 in the store so it was 'I must have' and then while paying they had a pot of Gerber (?) daisies, beautiful flowers in red so a 'must' and then sitting in a corner was a beautiful geranium, the flutted kind - purple and white so it was also a 'must' now I put everything in the vehicle, turn it around and a thought came to me, better go back in and purchase another bouquet for Melanie (DIL)..might as well make someone elses day... so now it truly is work time, off I go only to pass, well not quite, had to make a little detour as I saw 'roses' OPEN..at $5.00 adozen how could they not be sitting on my desk...

I could have stained in the greenhouses all day and helped out..the rose centre had about 20 humungous greenhouses filled with rose plants and people walking by and snipping blooms to sell..oh lordy, what I wouldn't have given to stay and play..free labor..am sure they would have agreed...

So, my theory at least for now is if spring won't come to you, make it happen inside...lol

Hope its a sun filled day for you as well..

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Another sunny day today but apparently we'll be back down to lower temps and worse weather next week. Great. The tulips were also a bit late in coming up this year.

I think this is 'Ice Follies' and something else in the field. I'm sure lookin' forward to getting field pics of the Tulips.

Thumbnail by growin
Victoria Harbour, ON

Just got a call from my next door neighbor's daughter...with all the melting and then flash freezing Bernice fell last night, broke her arm and cracked her rib so be very cautious when walking..dangerous conditions for sure..

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Betty good for you, buying yourself flowers. And nice of you for thinking of DIL, I'm sure it's going to make her day. Good price too.

growin, enjoy looking at your pics, gives me hope.

Very strong winds and cold .

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Supposedly a bit sunny today but the rain comes for the weekend. I caught something - flu or cold. Debating on calling my boss to call in sick as I'm feelin' rough.

Prunus mume (Japanese Flowering Apricot)

Thumbnail by growin
Victoria Harbour, ON

Growin, you stay put, get well..think if everyone did that we'd have less illness...in the office next door a gentleman had the flu, came in, now I think 4 of them are off..would have been better for him to take a day or two to recoup and not spread it around...so feet up and enjoy..

Such a pretty flower..do you personally have 'apricot' trees?

It's cool outside but the sun is strong so that will help all the flooding in our area..the cold keeps the flooding at a minimum while the strong sun gradually diminishes the snow...

On my way home from work I dropped in and picked up 3 more doz. of roses...so cheap how could I resist..needed a doz. for Bernice as a get well token..if you bought 3 doz. you got them for $10.00

Dropped roses off to Bernice last night only to find that she did not fall outside..apparently she was cooking turkey supper for friends she hadn't seen in quite awhile..Cliff carved the turkey and I guess put the carcas in a garbage bad, must have puncture a hold and some of the grease fell out as they put the bag outside, however they did not notice..Cliff told her company had arrived and like some of us, we workd in high speed, had a platter in each hand, almost running to put on the table, lost her footing on the grease, fell face first..she had 7 stitches where her teeth cut through her lip, black and blue and a cast on her left arm and ribs hurting ...in mega pain...

As I teach decorative painting on Wednesday evening when I get home, I only had about 5 minutes to check in on her, so tonight I'll drop in and won't have to rush out..

DIL Melanie couldn't quite figure out why she got a bouquet of flowers..
Gave a doz. to SIL and kept one doz. for my bedroom...so pretty...I'll have to put the greenhouse on my weekly stop..

They are calling for warmer temps for the weekend, snow will still be there but perhaps I can clean some of the yard debris..if only I could find my burning pit, I might get quite a bit accomplished...I'M SO READY for spring!

Do hope you all enjoy your day....

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

You DIL must be in shock, over the roses. I would be too, if some arrived here, and gave me flowers for no reason in particular. I feel sorry for poor Bernice, what a freak accident. I'm sure she must of been happy to see you and those nice roses. It's such a nice gesture, with so much meaning. Something I should do more often. Must smell heavenly in your bedroom.
Growin , very beautiful color on that flowering Apricot. To what zone are they hardy to?

The wind died down a bit, and it's sunny but cold. The snow is slowly going down, good thing in a way, cause of flood advisory. They tell people along the river to take necessary precaution this year.

More sprout coming out indoors, running out of room. I"ll have to take my small greenhouse out, and arrange some kind of heating in there.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

I ended up calling in sick and went back to bed. This Apricot is rated zone 6a in PF and was in the parking lot of VanDusen Botanical Garden. I think I have a double flowering Almond somewhere.

Narcissus 'Mount Hood' @ Washington State Bulb Co./Tulips.com

Thumbnail by growin
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Hi ..

Well .. Thunder Bay is slowly peeking out from beneath the snowpiles (gads they're dirty this time of year) .. supposed to 11C today .. we have a HUGE wind and delightful sun !!

My Rudbeckia is poppin through .. sure looks dreadful in dormancy .. actually have some twitch grass along the east side of the house ..

No Robins yet .. but the crows are makin us nuts !! They're guarding their nests from the Ravens .. whole lotta squwaking going on .. scares the bejeebers out of the cat and the dog :-)

The 3 Silver Mounds look as pitiful as the Rudbeckia ...

The yard will be in turmoil soon as we are having a chainlink enclosure installed for our most spoiled puppy .. but .. it will also keep the SKUNKS away from our backdoor as well !!

Don't know Bernice but feel bad for her .. such an easy thing to happen to any of us .. gives ya pause for thought.

Re the ROSES .. how awesome !!!! Love'em :-)

Smiles and hugs to all

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Meeting with clients taking much longer than expected, everyone has left except for Suzanne and I..probably yet another 1/2 hr. so we'll not get home until around 8pm..makes for another long day..but, good news is, not having to worry about blizzards on my way home..

Tomorrow morning I'll take a photo of my back yard in it's present state of 'YUK' and will start a new thread...I've so enjoyed our visits..love hearing about your gardens, the weather etc....

Wonderful that most of you are in sunshine...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.