My pudding cup greenhouses!!!They worked!!

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

I sent you a before picture with my pudding cups taped on top of each other, now, I'm sending a picture of my first little seedling!!! I know it's silly and takes time, but I still think it';s so cute. Too bad I don't know what the plant is

Thumbnail by LorraineR
Winnetka, IL

LOL! So funny because I just started saving pudding cups and yogurt cups for the exact same reason! And I don't think it's silly at all- they fit nicely into a domed tray, or inside a baggie for moisture. Reusable, and tasty to collect : )

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

You can't see it on the picture I guess, abut I used one on the bottom, then turned one upside down on top of it and put some duct tape to hold them together. Room for leaves to grow and no saran wrap!!! I thought it was cool, let's see what else do I have laying around!!

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

Here it is when I set it up.

Thumbnail by LorraineR
Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Hi! Lorriane, Here are my baby hostas. I even have some streakies. I am getting ready to put them in other pots of two each. Good luck with your plants. We are to get 6 to 12 inches of snow tonight. BEV

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

I've got my little babies I adopted from you coming up. I wintersowed a few, so they aren't yet, but I'm going to hav quite a few. I got a streakie too!!!
So, don't worry, I'm taking care of the babes for their "real" mother

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Good luck girl!!! I will take more pics when the kids get a little bigger. BEV

Winnetka, IL

I hadn't thought of using another cup as a dome- you are wicked clever! I'm off to 'clean out' some more pudding cups : )

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

Ya know, someone has to eat that stuff!!! I'll be pushed around in a wheelbarrow cause I'm too fat to walk, but I'll have my pudding cups.!!

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

Dragonfly, you're are sure coming up better than mine. They came up, but not that many. I'm really proud of what I did have come up and like I said I wintersowed some, so I don't know when they will come up

Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

Lorraine, if you are worried about getting chunky, you could use unsweetened applesauce containers instead of pudding cups!

This is my first year ever planting seeds, and I am so thoroughly enjoying it!! I have been reading everything on this forum that I can, and hopefully will absorb enough information to be successful.

I already have lots of babies coming up (zinnias, coleus, gaillardia, veronica, hollyhocks, and ageratum) - I am just hoping that I do not kill them at some stage before I can get them into the ground in May.

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Do you poke any holes in the top(dome) to control any excess moisture?
Sue☺

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes, holes in top and bottom. I did 6 of them and yesterday they had all rooted. They're so cute. I just thought they were so neat cause I didn't have to worry with saran wrap and it's just all right there

And Jeannie, I at least eat the sugar free!! That has to be worth something!!!

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

I've used the top of the yopliat yogurts that have the M&M's or other mix-ins on the top. I place the clear plastic lid over the top of peat pots until seeds have sprouted. But I like your idea better , it's like a mini greenhouse!
Sue☺

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Have any of you tryed an aquarium? BEV

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

Remember, you taught me that, and I did one with the hostas, but I put dirt right in my aquarium, dumb, they grew but were so far from the lights, they didn't do as well as they could have.
I love it tho, wish I had several of them.
Hey, I've got a 55 gallon one here with my fish. I could clean it out, flush the fish and there you go, a new greenhouse!!!

North Augusta, SC

Poor fish, (LOL)

Triad(for a few more, NC(Zone 7a)

The things we resort to in order to get a greenhouse!

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

I want about 10 aquariums for next year to put outside. One of my son's is a fish nut so his house is full of aquariums and he happened to have a 75 gallon without a top. So he brought it here and I put my plants (in their containers, put them in there, put a couple of window panes on top and I think everything in there has germinated and most are at least 6 inches tall. Maybe I'll find some more and not have to kill my fish, but there's always that option
of course it looks like a ghetto in my back yard with an aquarium and every other place I can stick a milk jug.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.