on the Label label label

Novato, CA

Sorry, got the old Libby's label commercial song stuck in my head.

Well as most of you know I am installing a display garden ... and I am somewhat detail obsessed. ( somewhat ! ha !! ) _ more like compulsive obsessive disorder on a grand garden show scale.

I need to label the plants in the garden.

I hate doing this. *!* - I know it is an excellent educational factor, but I hate the way the usual white tags muddy up the design and make it look like a yard sale!

So I could use a couple of very creative suggestions for some lovely but understated looking card name tags.

The overall look , emotion and fee of the garden is "quiet , personal, inner reflective , zen like sanctuary".
The garden room is surrounded by a tall hedge of tall whispery bamboo plants and has a few nice big fat bromeliad and succulents as accent and detail plants.

I thought about writing in black sumi ink on bamboo leaves , pasted to a bamboo stake but they kept on curling . - though I liked the bamboo stake look .

What can you guy think of that will be unique but not too big and flashy as to call attention to " hey look at all those cool plant tags".
Subtle , sophisticated, but with fine line and attention to detail.

Will need about 2 dozen or so.

This thread has 19 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!