my seedlings, whoohooooooo

Warren, OH(Zone 5b)

I have started so many flats of seeds in here, some are warm by the fireplace to germinate, and some are under lights now. I have no idea where I am going to put all of these when I need to re plant them, lol! I have a ton of seeds outside in their winter sow homes also. I can't wait for spring.
Kathy
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg230/kvalentz/Flowers%20and%20Butterflies%202007/seeds2.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg230/kvalentz/Flowers%20and%20Butterflies%202007/seeds1.jpg

Winnetka, IL

Yay! Hey, does it really matter if you plant them out or not? It's what keeps me tided over until spring- at least I have something growing!

Is that Nigella in the first pic?

Here's my Eden in the making; the seedlings that have already been potted up.

Thumbnail by plantaholic186
Warren, OH(Zone 5b)

in the first pic the round pot has cherry lupines in it if that is the one you are asking about. If by plant them out you mean move them to larger containers, yes if they are getting rootbound.
Kathy

Winnetka, IL

Kathy-
I'm trying lupines for the first time this year! Are they easy? Quick to germ.? The one I thought might be Nigella is the cell pack behind that, in the back, with the feathery leaves.
By planting out I mean planting into the garden. I have waaaaayy too many seedlings started to fit in my garden, so I plan to either put them all over in pots, or give them as gifts to friends.
BTW I like the colored ribbons on your soda pop domes : )

Warren, OH(Zone 5b)

Lupines are easy for me to start, hard to keep them out of the chipmunks mouths when I put them out, so they have to be very large or they will dig them up. To start the lupines I use toenail clippers and clip off a tiny bit of one end, not deep, just the hard shell then I soak them 24 hours in peroxide water, this softens them and they send out a little foot right in the water. Then I plant them.
Kathy

Winnetka, IL

Oh, boy, do I hate chipmunks! I'll definitely start them now so that they'll be big enough to be less attractive to chippers. Thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.