Chocolate mint, anyone?

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi, DGers....

I would like to know if anyone has any chocolate mint seeds or cuttings that I might partake of. I just read an interesting article on mint and I want to grow all types of it. But chocolate mint sounds the most yummy.

garden hugs in advance....

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I have some, rooted plants, and apple mint too if you want some of that. Hopefully we'll have another swap sometime soon.

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh, I would love some! Thank you so much! If we don't have another swap, where can I meet you to pick these up? You are so kind to offer. Garden Blessings to you.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Of course. Have to wait a while until the weather gets warmer and they come out, though.

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

I don't mind. That's just one more thing to look forward to.

Newport News, VA(Zone 7b)

It's a good grower, and you will want to keep it restrained. I have some that has overwintered this year in a pot and I gave it a good haircut in the fall. It smells so good! I'ts easy to find in the mints and herbs in the spring, I've found.

Laura

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh my goodness, you just have to swing up this way and help me clear it back a little... it always tries to escape from its strip next to the driveway into the little landscape bed nearby... If I can get back to digging soon, I'll be happy to stuff some in a BE for you (I should have extra 'Kentucky Colonel' spearmint, too)... otherwise, it'll have to wait until you (or maybe Jenn) can get up this way or until a spring swap. I brought a good bit to the swap at Hart's last year! :-)

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

chocolate mint is wonderful, I have some growing under my garden swing in the back yard, it smelly really good when DH wacks it with the lawnmower. Our back "lawn" is impossible, full of every weed you can think of, if it wasn't for the weeds we would be looking at brown earth.

Another great smelling plant is pennyroyal, I have it growing in the walkway near my watergarden, it is said it keeps fleas away, this area is also my little girls (dogs) play area. It smells great when I walk on it.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Lady, Your lawn must be just like mine. If I put a weed and feed on the lawn I wouldn't have one. LOL I have lemon mint and a few others Growing along the edge of my veggie garden and was out there weeding and all of a sudden I was getting the most delicious smells. I love weeding the edge of my veggie garden.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.