March Daily Weather..... 3 weeks to Spring

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well I I'll pop in and get the ball rolling.
Guess Sidney's sitting on the beach soaking up the Rays!

36° (Wind Chill 31°) and Partly sunny!
Going for 46°.

Ric

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Whoops I forgot a picture!
See I'm new at this! LOL!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

My computer is sloooow this morning.
Still too chilly on the beach.
;)

This message was edited Mar 1, 2008 12:14 PM

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Mine too! (net slow not beach! lol!.)

The March Adage here is..
In like a Lion.... Out like a Lamb...

Well who's "In like a Lion" today?
Certainly not us.
Now 'They' are saying 60° and Sunny for Monday!!!!
Hope 'They' are right..... for a change.... LOL!
Ric

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

This is decidedly NOT lion-like:

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 9:53am CST (39 min ago)
Temperature 70 °F 21 °C
Dew Point 62 °F 17 °C
Humidity 76%
Pressure 30.31 in 1026.5 mb
Wind Speed 5 MPH 4 kts
Wind Dir SE 130°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 59.0°F / 15.0°C
Rest of today: Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 70s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Happy March, everybody!

Ric, thanks! It was a cool (cold) pix rally.)
I've seen that decorative cabbage in Moscow, near one of the hotels there, last Fall. Interesting plant. Do you also use it for decorative purposes?

Kiska, yes, the tires were studded.) Do you like bike riding in Alaska? Now, I deem, it's the best transportation method
here in St.Pete with all those traffic jams.

Sugarweed, Ric mine was either this morning. Now it's evening and it got normal fast. What was that?

Marylyn, your weather's like summer!

35F

Guess what's going on with snow?

Caucasus. From my hiking experience.

Thumbnail by KashtanGeorge

High in the Caucasus mountains.

Joey, the trivia is B.)

As for the trick, I meant, I hadn't known what was the trick with that leap day. )))

This message was edited Mar 1, 2008 3:24 PM

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Wow, Yuri, great pics!
Today we're celebrating spring with a beautiful tradition, maybe you remember about "martisor". It's about men giving women small amulets for luck. The amulets are small crafts which many people are making at home and selling on the street, a week before March 1st. They are tied with a white - red thread.
You can read more here :

[HYPERLINK@www.meetromania.info]

See Martisoare , on the left, scroll down the page.

I bought some "martisoare " yesterday and I'm sending you each girl a "martisor" from me, with all my love, to bring you luck and joy!
Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Adina thank you!

Well, Happy Martisor to ye'all!)

I'm also sending a martisor from me to all you Ladies with all my love from Russia to bring you luck and joy!!!
Happy Gardening!

Juri.

Ahhh... Juri, how nice.
I guess ya'll are allowed to have sea shells too.
We just think of Russia as cold and stark and of course a place like 'that' couldn't have shells and gardens and such.
;)

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Sunny, Bright 50's warm & windy. a day like today I can live with easily.

Sugarweed, that's why I'm here to educate you about Russia, I guess.LOL
I can share, it's a marvelous "work" and wonder.

Alpine fields of the Caucasus. From my hiking experience. "Auf der Alm, da gibt's ka Sünd". Lol.

Back at cha Juri.
;)

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

We have such a diverse crowd here and that is truly what makes it great. Some of us are sweating' and some of us are freezing, but we come here and share (or stare). I am amazed & thank you all.

Sugarweed, I love that of Bomfunk MC's! Lol.

Dyson, thank You for being in our Weather gang. Lol.

(Zone 3b)

16° and a lot of sunlight. 2pm.
Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of snow. Highs in the lower to mid 20s.
Northeast wind 25 to 40 mph with local gusts to 60 mph. Winds decreasing to 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 45 mph in the afternoon. Wind chills zero to 15 below in the morning.
Thanks for a new thread, ric~ 50° would be a good way to start the month.
Thanks, too, Adina and KG for the martisors> very nice.
KG~I don't ride a bike;however, there is the 1,000 mile bike ride from here in the Valley, to Nome, during February:
http://www.adn.com/sports/story/331309.html
Beautiful hikes you've been on.
Dyson~ I have to agree; such a good site/people here.
music2keep~JW is sure growing and cuter than ever. Spring break coming up?
Marylyn~ 70° looks good. Sure enjoyed the ride pics from yesterday
Another waterfall~~
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Nice daytoday - got up to bout 70. Currently its 62F and Dyson Dark. The nasty two-night freeze we had did a number on the azaleas, but most everything else seems to have survived.

Expecting "seasonal" weather the next few days. (Highs upper 60s and lows in the 40s.)

My hellebores are just now getting down to business!
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Looks like I may have to do a bit of mulching next weekend.
I took a little tour of the newly un-snowcovered yard.
Seems we have Tulips coming up fast.... and Buds on the Daffs......
60's for tomorrow and Monday... Great eh?
Well now 'they' are saying teens for next weekend's lows.
So those buds will have to be protected.
Still no buds on the Hellebores.... I'm thinking they froze off in the single digits early last month.
May be a no show this year...

Ric

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Weather was really nice here today. Except for the wind. But the sun was shining and all the snow is gone though only temporairly so really no complaints! :~)

Currently: 59°F Clear
Currently: 15°C Clear
Wind: South at 13 MPH
Humidity: 41%
Dewpoint: 36°F
Barometer: 29.81 inches
Wind: South at 20 KPH
Humidity: 41%
Dewpoint: 2°C
Barometer: 1009 millibars
Sunrise: 6:49 am
Sunset: 6:12 pm

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

28° going for Sunny and 58° ....
Well 'They' have changed it again.
Now we're looking at 65° tomorrow.
NO teens for the next weekend....lol!

Deb keep the Hellebore pics coming.
Maybe it will spur mine on!

Ric

(Zone 7a)

I wasn't around yesterday so it took me awhile to catch up. WOW!!! Awesome weather everywhere! Love all the pictures.

We had a storm yesterday and I had the camera going in the car. They might be a bit blurry but they're cool just the same.

We have bright sunshine today. The snow is melting.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Another...

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

One more for fun...

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Such diversity in weather, as someone mentioned! Makes the world a fun place.

Salina, KS(Zone 6a)

65' out at present. Sun was shining earlier & was so nice. Clouds are rolling in with rain forecast for afternoon & evening and then "1 to 3" of snow forecast by tomorrow.

In looking at the rest of the week cold on Monday & then a gradual warm up to 50s by weekend. Spring is slowly arriving.

Ditto on the above. Those beautiful pictures of Russia are certainly not what is in my mind of Russia.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

61° YIKES!

Ric

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks for starting the March thread, Ric. Pretty ornamental cabbage.
George: those Caucasus Mountains are beautiful but treacherous looking!
Adina: very interesting and informative website, Adina. I enjoyed reading about some of the Romanian traditions.
Deb: such a pretty hellebore. I have never grown them nor the ornamental cabbages that Ric has but I would like to try my hand at both--perhaps next winter.
Kiska: when do the waterfalls start to thaw--or do they ever? LOL
Good weather pics, Celia--looked like some nasty stuff, though. Glad it is gone from your area today.
petralittledog, are you new to the weather thread? If so, welcome!

Diversity in weather, indeed! Yesterday was a beautiful day, high near 70º and sunshine. Today, high in the low 70's and partly cloudy and a little windy. Monday night low forecast to be 32º and a high on Tuesday of only 39º with possible snow! Can you believe this crazy weather!??

here's our "official" forecast:
Today: Partly sunny, with a high near 73. Breezy, with a south wind between 15 and 20 mph.
Tonight: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. South wind around 15 mph. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Some iris from my other house a few years ago.

Thumbnail by marsue
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Sunny, bright, warm - what more could be wished for?

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful day here, sunshine in abundant measure and temps in the mid 40's. Supposed to get warmer tomorrow!

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Northwestern Missouri: Started out unseasonably warm and balmy in the 60's, sunshine, and windy this morning then this afternoon the clouds moved in with cold windy rains and the temps have dropped into the 30's. Snow predicted overnight. Many graveled roads are bottoming out and you simply can't drive on them or face getting stuck!! We don't need no more moisture from snow, ice, or rain in our area of the midwest.....
Cuckoo

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well we topped out at 61º

Sue,
The Kale from the Krohn Show is 'Rounded Pigeon Purple'.

They also had 'Fringed Nagoya Red'

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

'Fringed Nagoya White'

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

And 'Osaka Mixed'

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well it's officially Spring.
The Petasites Flowers are up.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

The Snowdrops are Dropping!

Thumbnail by henryr10

Going to get all the babies outside tomorrow and will do my clip and dip party on Friday. All those little baby coleus growing new toes.
It's not supposed to get below 45º for the next 10 nights.
Trying to think of a way to recirculate water through a series of dark hoses to heat from the bottom. Then to keep them evenly moist.
Enjoying all the pictures.
Sidney

(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

I'm too far behind for personal comments - great photos everyone!

A lot of you have had some WARM weather this weekend! (I'm not envious, really I'm not ;-) lol)

We've had plenty of snow the past week - I've cleared the driveway 3 times ........ Gotten some sunny days between so no complaints here.

Today it's partly cloudy so there's a good chance we'll see some sunshine today :-) Might be time to break out the bikini ;-) lol It's 30°F and fairly calm - just wonderful :-) It was already light out when I took the girls to school this morning at 8 am - just made my day :-) No more going to school in the dark until next fall :-) I feel like celebrating ! lol AND we've got daylight until 7 pm! Sunrise was at 8:26 am and sunset will be at 6:58 pm :-) Just one more month to go and then spring will be here :-)

Deb - I asked about the spring snowflakes - they're gorgeous. I've tried planting them a few times but they never come up :-( One day I hope! Gorgeous helleborus bud too!

Selma had a solo recital on Saturday - it was her "graduation" from violin book 4 (Suzuki). She played a solo with a sting quartet accompaniment which was really neat! She played the 3rd movement in a Vivaldi Concerto. Her rehersal at the church on Friday didn't go well at all. She was so stressed that she repedely froze and forgot her place so it was a bit nerve wracking! I was a mess on Friday night, I was so worried for her! lol Fortunately she pulled it off with flying colors on Saturday so we went out for ice cream and bought a cake to celebrate! :-)

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.