Homestead Gardens

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

Morning you all...

Has anyone every gone to Homestead Gardens? My DH saw it the other day and we were thinking of driving up..
http://www.homesteadgardens.com/

They are not in Garden Watch Dog.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I'm shocked they're not in Garden Watchdog. Then again, they don't need the free advertising.
Ever been? Heck yeah! its HUGE! Assorted everything, but premium stuff at mostly premium prices. Also big selection of pots, garden decor, and gifts for anybody that likes gardening. At Christmas, huge displays of special ornaments and decor. Sales prices scattered, but not the place for the Lowe's clearance- save it from th dumpster mentality. Last week, they had elephant ear bulbs for ten bucks- they were as big or bigger than softballs. 4 to 5 inch diameter? So, twice the size of what I have seen but twice the price. BTW, you'd be driving down, technically, compass-wise. about 40 min drive for you.
Here's the plan. Take the kids, they won't mind. Go thru Crofton, hang a left on 424 at the Giant, or maybe eat lunch at Friendly's on the way. The Crofton Friendly's is one of the nice ones. Maybe check the schedule at Homestead and see what kind of events are coming up they do stuff. Even if you go on a non event time, start at the green house end near 424. There is plenty of cool unusual stuff that the girls might hang with you. If the girls/DH start fading, send them towards the llama barns and chicken house, past the shrub and tree area , past the mulch yards. The llamas are so cute, big with big brown eyes. The barn is nice and clean with info signs around. If you have good closeable bags, the family might let you bring home some llama manure too. The staff makes it very handy, piled next to the lot. ( I will admit, I brought some home recently and I don't think my kids would have stood for riding with it.)

For anyone going that far, very close by is another much smaller but very interesting place called Main's greenhouse. Corner of 450 and Riva Road. I went last fall and was very impressed, great selection of not too typical plants.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

LOL ... Boy, have I *ever* been there! Be sure to bring your BIG wallet when you go, Jenn. Leave the small one behind ...

They have a wonderful selection and everything is GAWgeous.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

I've never been there! Sounds like a wonderful place to visit, but LOTS of temptations!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.