Western Regional DG RU -Food thread

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Quoting drdon here:

Quoting:
Pam and I will be doing the usual with tents, tables, chairs, restroom facilities, and there's a new twist. We've now got a mostly serviceable (soon to be complete) bar with five lovely brews on tap. It's always been a dream of mine to have a gathering spot here on the ranch and now, after quite a bit of begging and groveling we've got one. So there'll be Harp Lager and Guiness stout for all those wishing to have an ice cold Irish half and half...lol. We'll also be doing an entree of some sort that is ethnically appropriate and provide ice buckets with ice for those who'll be bringing beverages to share or otherwise imbibe. I'm working on a couple of the local wineries to see if we can't get a tasting here for the festivities.

We all can help out by bringing side dishes, desserts, plasticware, etc. Let's see how much fun it will be to try to keep it to an Irish theme! There's plenty of time but let me know what you'll be bringing and I'll have a list updated frequently in the spot below this.
I'm bringing a green potato salad.

This message was edited May 25, 2008 9:36 AM

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Weegy (Louise) ******Pasta salad/cups and napkins
SoCal (Donna) ****** Calico Salad (yummy, sounds good!).
Kaperc) (Kathleen)*****Irish soda bread
Hellnzn11 (Dawn)********Stuffed cabbage with bacon/plates, 100 small ones and 100 large ones
Wcgypsy (Sherry) *******Irish Cream Brownies, pasta salad
Roadrunner (Jo) *****Green Sopapilla Cheesecake
Loyd (Loyd) ********** Emerald Isle sour cream pie (boy that sounds so good!)
(HaroldS)******Watergate salad
Twinlakeschef (Arlene)***** Tomato Onion Tart from the Gallic Kitchen in Dublin, Ireland.
Greenwytch*****Colcannon (basically a cabbage & potato casserole)
CFields******Veggies
Rodica and Marie **** knives, forks, spoons
Frogrus and Fiona ****fruit
George and Sue ****corn on the cob
Thistlesifter (Bob and Carol) 3 to 4 pound corned beef
zostropz (Mark)****' smoked fish, Cevichi and some smoked tuna dip

This message was edited Jun 6, 2008 8:00 AM

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Weegy,

Please put me down for bringing - Irish Potato Cakes which are called Boxty.

I learn something new everyday. lol

Donna

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Irish soda bread for me.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I can bring stuffed cabbage with bacon. Like you said we all can bring plates and utensils etc.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Got it Dawn. Can't add you to the list on the 2nd post cuz I've gone over my limit for editing posts. Will do it tomorrow.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Great. As long as I am not making Jello soup this time.

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Irish Cream Brownies......

Crossville, TN

How do I turn the Sopapilla Cheese Cake into an Irish dessert?? I'll have to think on it. Jo

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Green food coloring!

Crossville, TN

Weegy...good idea..maybe use some Pastachio (sp) pudding in it. Jo

surround it with mint leaves?

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Jo, you may come up with a new Irish cheesecake here!

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I was going to say green food dye too. lol Just make it the regular way and we will all speak with an Irish Accent after we eat it.

Good one, Dawn! Everyone practice now. "Jo's outdone herself - this is the best cheesecake ever. Aye, so i'tis"

Crossville, TN

As our good friend, "Shoe" likes to say...."Ya'll ain't right!" but I love ya just the same...hehehehe Jo

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Jo, since you will be cooking that Sopapilla Cheesecake in my oven, we can say it was cooked in a half of an Irish kitchen. I'm half Italian and half Irish. lol

Yes, this Cheesecake is great. yummy

Donna

Crossville, TN

Half Irish and half Italian? Boy! What a combo....Jo

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

goofed!

This message was edited Mar 3, 2008 7:40 PM

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

How fun. I am dieing to try that cheesecake, I missed it somehow last year and everyone talked about it forever.

There is a hot and spicy mix, Italian and Irish. I'll be working on my accent too.

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

Jo, how about topping it off with a dash (or more) of good Irish whiskey.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

It ain't Irish unless we are all drunk as skunks. lol My Grandfather on my mom's side was from Ireland and died from a bad liver. hmmmmm??? at 35.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Since this is going to have an Irish theme, I'll bring along a few old nuns and a Monsignor...

Just kidding...

Crossville, TN

Balvenie...meet me on the bench in the Rose Garden...and we'll imbibe in a special one!! WOO HOO...Jo

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

bump

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Black Velvet? Lol! Will try to find something that is not potato, cabbage, or bread. My stock Irish recipes are pretty heavy eating (or alchoholic) I will be bringing the Piper for entertainment though.
Janice

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Yea, the piper will be joining us!
Irish Whiskey! Yeah!

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Jo want to dress like a leprican?

Crossville, TN

No...but I'll leave that to you!! Jo

Bellflower, CA

Can you use another desert? I’ve been thinking about an Emerald Isle sour cream pie.

I have a delicious sour cream lemon pie recipe that I think can be modified using some ingredients from Emerald Isle cocktail and cake recipes.

Put me down for it.

Loyd

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Yum! What a good time we're going to have....

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Gotcha down for that wonderful sounding pie Loyd.

bump

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Thanks Kathleen, I'm sleeping on the job!

Can we get the roundup threads made stickies?

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I can e-mail Terry and ask her but I'm not sure.

Wildomar, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi everyone: LisaLu here...I would like to join in, how about a little appetizer using corned beef and cabbage? I'll think on it and come up with something.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Sounds good Lisa! MMMMMM! Corned beef!

I thought I mentioned bringing Watergate Salad but don't see it on the list. Will probably be bringing our hostess from Oceanside if that is o.k.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Harold, got you down for the Watergate Salad. Sure bring your hostess.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.