Chit Chat... Everyone welcome. Part 8

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Even if you aren't in Florida, even if you've never been to Florida, and even if you never even wanted to come to Florida, you are welcome to come on in and join the Chit Chat.

We have some crazy folks in here who stay up way too late to start the threads in the morning so I will see to the task. I'm up early and don't even know what midnight looks like anymore.

So please join us!!!!!

Molly
:^)))

Need to start this out with a pretty. Here's a Bougie given to me by Skaz 2 years ago. Finally blooming again......in the greenhouse.

Thumbnail by MollyMc

It's raining here and looks like it will stay that way for several hours. Found a new leak in the greenhouse roof this morning while I was taking the photo. A leak is okay out there as long as it doesn't drip into the ceiling fan motors.

Now the leak in the house is a different matter. I had to empty that large roasting pan that Stu gave me last year. It was getting full. I'm sure he intended for it to become a planter, but drilling holes in it went against my frugalities.

Gotta go to breakfast in Bronson, bb soon. I'll tell you about whats germinating in my bathroom.

Molly

Everyone seems to be having great outings planned this weekend. Me, I'll just hang out and wait for my plumeria to pop its first bloom!!
Looking forward to THIS:

Thumbnail by
Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

It just poured here last night. Im sick that the azealas look so beat up now. Boy have I been enjoying them. I realized at 2, the windows were down in my car and it wasnt in the garage. Fun Fun taking care of that in the wee hours. Thank goodness it was a 'warmer' night.

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanks Molly for starting No.8. : ) The rain looks like it has stalled in the county above me, maybe I will get some later. Stu gave me one of those pots, but it already had holes in it. It has my pink mexican petunia in it, right now. I have 2 of them, the other is rooting cuttings.

Fleurone, thanks for finding those sites for me. They will be very helpful. : )

Jan, that little trip sounds awesome, you will have to tell me all about it. Dh and I need to do something like that, to get away a few. We can't be gone long, cause of his Mom. So, let me know how you like it. : ) I've been thinking about going back over to the Medival Times dinner show, again. Does anyone know if they still have that?

Dutchlady, Is your plumeria in a greenhouse? Mine are all still dormant. I have to figure out a way for them not to get rust this year. At the end of the year last year, they got it. They still bloomed tho, and one has 2 seed pods. I think it is the one like the picture above.
~Lucy

GG, I can just see you running outside in your jammies and bunny slippers. lol

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Good morning all! :o) What was it we all done last night to be crazy people, anyone remember? LOL

Lucy,

Corky would have been able to tell you how to get rid of that rust (not counting daylilies). Maybe Billie (BMWRX7) will remember what the solution was. She told me that day Cyberageous and I drove over to take Lucy/Spinner to her. But that was in early 2005 and I can't remember that far back.

We had a nice breakfast, a trip to the local hardware/general store (ACE) and when I got home I did a garden tour. Actually, you could just call it a freeze zone tour. I couldn't help myself. I cleared away a lot of dead growth and threw them over in a few piles. I'm thinking if there were any seeds left on them, they will germinate where they lay and my wildflower garden will be twice a bigger. There are already new seedlings at the base of the helianthus, goldenrod, and ironweed. Plus many more I can't recall at the moment.

Anyway, got some more peat pellets to start seeds in and will be updating my round up trade list soon. Tough to decide what else to plant. I can never get through all my seed baskets before I run out of flats for planting. Maybe I should start in the "last" seed basket first, this time.

I wanted to plant some ground cover plants around the new azaleas by the barn, but Jeremy reminded me we still have 3 new window replacements to be installed and those guys have no concern about my flower beds. So I will wait then, but it's so hard to wait.

And the daylily field needs to be moved so I have space to start my spring veggie gardens. I don't want to be late this season so maybe we can have fresh veggies at home before it gets too hot.

Lucy, I was happy to start the chat thread. Anytime.......:^))))

Alright, I'm wasting time here. Need to get the nasties outside to start hardening off and pot up some more seedlings getting big. A rainy cloudy day is a great day to work outside. Low heat.

TTYL,
Molly

LOL, Molly. ( Maybe I should start in the "last" seed basket first, this time.) Like that is gonna work. LOL

Tammy, I can't remember 5 mins ago, much less last night. LOL : )

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Hey, we have bright sunshine today and it is beautiful!!! :o)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

HA HA HA Lucy! How are you feeling today?

I feel pretty good so far today. I had alittle bit of discomfort last night while I was chatting with you all (ya'll). Not enough to really count, tho. It was gone by the time I went to bed. Slept good, till the cat stood on my head. (balancing)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Great, glad to hear it! That darn cat, though! LOL

She is usually a sweetheart, and lets me sleep. I think DH forgot to give her..her morsels, this morning.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Morning again, had to log off with the thunderstorm, think we will get some more though. Anyway when it stopped I decided to have a walk through so took a few pictures .I have some things coming into flower and others just looked so beautiful with the raindrops on them.

It was funny when I came back and saw I as talking away to myself on the other thread. Hope the links will be of some use Lucy. It's fun trying different things.

But first here's the broad beans

Thumbnail by fleurone
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

This one I had as a tiny plant so it is now nearly four feet high and having it's first bvloom :)

Thumbnail by fleurone
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

This one I am also eagerly awaiting. Nun's Orchid

Wish we could put more than one pic on at a time would save some space.

Thumbnail by fleurone
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

And this just because :)

Thumbnail by fleurone
Coral Springs, FL

Molly - I don't know what solution Corky was using for rust, but there are several good fungicides at HD. The only problem is that it takes consistency to get rid of it. First you have to make sure you remove any infected leaves and throw them away - not in the compost bin - in a garbage bag and off the property. You also need to spray at least once a week with a fungicide.
Gee, I've been so good at lurking and not posting - guess the fact that I worked all year last year to get rid of rust on my plumeria got me fired up!
We're looking forward to the RU and meeting everyone.
Now - anyone have a good cure for conjunctivitis?

Antibiotics?

Thanks Ginger, looking forward to meeting you and DH.

As for fungus amongus here? It's too dry out there generally to have a concern for that. I don't even have leaf rollers on my cannas anymore it's so dry.

Molly

Zolfo Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Molly you are just to busy. I hate so bad i am going to miss the round up. Hey Molly 1:00 am looks a little life 5:00 am. There is only one 5:00 in my day and that definitely would be pm (past menepause) Guess I am going to have to start planting by car light. Thanks for starting us a new thread we can sure fill one up fast. By the way what is germinating in your bathroom?

Dutch lady pretty plumeria picture mine is budding out now.

GG send us some of that rain on down here. Better watch those windows!!! I will be in G'ville March 5th to visit MIL in nursing home.

Fleur looks like you will be eating from the garden before long. Looking good. Does your nun orchid have spikes yet? My sisters gave me some but they won't bloom this year.

Lucy who is misty? is she from south florida? hehe Oh yea she is the CRS gal.
Glad t hear you had a good nite.

I have 3 hugeeeee dove in my yard feeding and they better stay right here because my neighbor would shoot them and have them for dinner.

I have to go plant a meyers lemon tree. Think it is getting root bound.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

HERE I AM, LINDA! HE HE HE :o)

Has anyone heard from Corky recently? Just wondering how she is.

Let's see....what's germinating in my bathroom, other than the obvious?

Crepe Myrtles
Hibiscus: Fireball and Lord Baltimore
Tunbergia BE Susan Vine, Sunset
Torch Red Ember Gaillardia
Red Brugs
Cotton Plants
Asters
Batchelor Buttons
Cosmos
Zinnias
Hyssops

And some tiny black flies, yeck!!!!!

And in my bedroom:
Milkweed: Scarlett and Pine Woods
Sweet Bush
Ironweed
4 O'clocks

It finally stopped raining and the sun is out heating the GH and yard.

Hey LeePerk, I live just about 10 miles from Garden Glory, so you are welcome to come see me too on March 5 when you are here.

Doing a lot? today I seem to be practicing on my skills of procrastination. I have a game of solitaire waiting for me. They get so impatient....heeheee

Molly
:^))))

Rene,

I have inquired about Corky. All I could find out is, her other daughter (not Starr) took over her care and is watching her outside communications closely.

Her subscription here at Dave's ran out and we've heard nothing else yet.

Molly
:^((((

Thanks Ginger, I'm gonna set them out this year, so I'll probably shake all the dirt out of them, and apply fungicide. I called my DD and ask her about conjunctivitis, she said you need antibiotics from a Dr. You might can find some home remedies on the internet, tho.

Also, in other news, I asked my DD how she was,...and she said fine. I said, 'you know what I mean'. She started crying, and said she didn't wanna tell me, just yet, in case something was wrong. Her homones told me all I needed to know. I'm gonna be a Grandma. She had the nurses at work take her blood, and it's confirmed. : )

Now where are my crochet needles? lol : )

Lucy!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and for her. But let's not jinx it, it's early yet. Have her take care of herself.

Molly

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh Lucy, how cool! I will send you some needles if you can't find yours!!!!! :o)

Thanks Molly and Tammy. : ) I think she will take care of herself. She doctors babies everyday, so she better know to take care of herself.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Well, I will hope and pray for a wonderful pregnancy and not one where she will be ill and miserable! :o)

Congratulations Lucy. I have 9 grands & 4 great grands, great grands are all gitrls! They are great!!!

You are waaaaaay ahead of me, Lorine. lol I won't ever have that many. I am lucky to get this one. Looks like my son isn't gonna bother to get married. I think I need to drop him on his head, again. lol : )

Orlando, FL

Hi everyone,
Now Molly when is the RU at your place. I asked Lalamb chop if she wanted to come with me. Do tell us and how to get there. Anyone want anything I have in my yard???? Let me know. The cold blast we had knocked mine back but they are coming back out so it didnt kill them.. I have some red bleeding heart vines coming up around the house if anyone wants one. Bolivan Sunset lots of those ..Fran

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi Fran!!! :o)

Well, Hi Ms Fran, haven't heard from you in a long time. How are you? I still want one of your red bleeding heart, and the Bolivan Sunset, if you get to come. Have you been back to Leu's garden again, lately? I still haven't made it over.
~Lucy

Coral Springs, FL

Lucy
Congratulations! There is nothing in the world like grandchildren. They give you so much! Where do you think I got the conjunctivitis? LOL My eye is better this afternoon - the doctor called in a prescription yesterday and I took the first of it last night. It needs to work by tomorrow. I have a client that I'd hate to scare off. The DH could cover for me if it isn't worse.
Managed to get out in the yard for a bit. My tomatoes are growing like mad. My DH loves the everglades tomatoes I got last year from Cyberageous and Happy. Good thing, because even without planting them this year I had hundreds of plants come up. Took out all but 8 and they keep him in tiny little tomatoes that he likes for snacks.

I had some of those tomatoes down at our pasture, a few years ago. I don't know what happened to them. They are really good when you are out in the yard, and need a lil snack. : )

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

How did this thread possibly get so long already without my typical 10 page posts?!! LOL

I am not the man from Jax that sent orchid tree (Bauhinia) seeds. However, I have done some very fine detective work and determined that the man that sent orchid tree seeds to LeePerk, was not in Jacksonville, but in Lakeland and is...Phicks (Paul) (in the conservatory with a candlestick LOL). My irrefutable evidence can be found in this thread:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/810437/

LeeP: There is a minimum $500/hr fee for my detective services, but I'll settle for any plant that I don't already have. LOL

Jeremy

CONGRATULATIONS LUCY!!! HOPE ALL GOES REALLY WELL.

Rene & Lucy did you get some rain?
Oh and by the way Lucy you do not look like the crochet type. Anything for a grand!!

Thanks Jeremy. I did figure it all out now i am just looking for advice on what i should do when i plant them. Don't know if i need to nick them or soak them or what. Any info there would certainly be helpful . Your sure settle pretty cheaply.

It has rained off and on all day here but i manage to plant my meyers lemon and 2 rose bushes between showers. I worked part of the time in the rain but i will never complain. We need the rain so badly. It has already quit and we didn't even get a 1/2 inch.

Had to take a picture of my passion vine with rain drops on .

Thumbnail by LeePerk

Molly do you have room to walk around in your bathroom? You are a hoot!!!!

Evening Tammy!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.