Anyone watching the eclipse?

Shenandoah Valley, VA

You can still catch it re-emerging right now if you missed it.

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes, it was snowing here earlier but it cleared up in time to see the whole thing. I just wish I had known that was Saturn next to it! Had the telescope out and everything - maybe I'll look at Saturn later this week.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I meant to, but fell fast asleep too early!

Central, VA(Zone 7b)

Clouds cleared here too. Saw it out the kitchen window. Fantastic.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Claypa, we're going to rename you Nanook of the North, you cold hardy thing you. It was way to cold for me to be messing around with a telescope last night. brrrrrrrrr I had to satisfy myself with quick forays from time to time to see it. LOL

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I saw it but sadly had left my camera at work....GRRRRRR

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I tried taking some photos but, as I suspected, without a tripod they didn't really come out very well. It was too cold to set up the tripod too. LOL

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm lazy - I've been known to open the sliding door on my van and stand there w/camera propped...have played with sports mode as well as using the self timer to avoid any movement at all...

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Keep in mind the earth is moving as well as you. I tried propping. The ones I took without a zoom were fine but the moon was the size of a pinhead.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

LOL good point!!! Mine has the image stabelization on it - thank God...helps when using the zoom....then save at highest quality - then crop...sometimes ya win...sometimes ya don't

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Mine has image stabilization too. It wasn't blurry, but each moon image had a tail from the movement.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.