Happy Birthday! Critterologist

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Hope you had a wonderful birthday! Wishing you all your dreams come true!

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Jill - I just caught that today is your "just another year" celebration - hope it's a happy one!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks! I had a fun day... I'm hoping we have blue skies like this on Saturday!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Sorry I missed it - but wanted to wish you a Happy Belated!

Thumbnail by rcn48
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

YAY !! another Bday for c-gist !!

love the fireworks pic from lady, and the fireworks-like flower, rcn !

Thumbnail by sallyg
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

OOhhh... Amaryllis! Do you lift those in fall?

Sally, that little guy is a cutie! Is he a tomato hornworm? I want to do an article this summer on them... I thought it was pretty cool when I found out they turn into sphinx moths (aka hummingbird moths), and I don't just smash them on sight anymore... I'll have to ask you about using that photo! :-)

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Just wanted to tease you a little Jill :) Photo was taken last week at Marie Selby Botanical Gardens in Sarasota. It was so beautiful in bloom, situated on the edge of the path just as you entered the dark tunnel of towering trees - it just glowed!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

hahahahaha.... I thought you were going to tell me the secret way to mulch them and keep them in the garden over the winter here!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Happy birthday, Critter!! So glad you had a nice day.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/777799/

Thats the bug ID thread where I was told its a Polyphemus cat-
I'll check and see if I took a good pic of a hornworm with eggs stuck on it, that I saw last year.

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Happy day, you party animal!!

(Sorry it'slate--I just saw this thread!!)

Picture is the neighbor's dogs--Joe Boxer (the bulldog) and Elvis

FnFF

Thumbnail by Foxnfirefly
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Happy belated Birthday, Jill.

See you in a couple of days! Gita

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Happy Belated Big Day to you Jill. Sorry I missed it. Been more than crazy here this week and I am way behind on the important things in life!

Juanita

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks!!

Sally, sorry I didn't twig to that not being the "right" cat. I have a really good shot of a parasitized hornworm, so I'm good there. (I posted it on DG, and I was very flattered when a Harvard University Press publication asked to use it.)

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

Wow, that IS flattering! Maybe we will see your photo credit in print! Happy Birthday Woman!! you can 'celebrate' with everyone tomorrow and pretend it is a party just for you. LOL

-Kim

Dang. You didn't even notice those dogs, Critter??

Elvis is standing on his hind legs. He is the only dog I have ever seen that walks on his hind legs a lot.

Joe-Boxer is a mushy, slobbering bulldog with heavy weight affection. You can almost hear his gruffy voice saying, "Gimme some sugar, be-be!!" A dynamic duo.

Shoot, I don't have any fresh colorful flower pictures to send you yet.......

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Sorry, Foxy -- who could fail to notice those cuties? I did fail to comment on them, though. I love your "dyanmic duo!"

I'm sorry Juanita & Kim won't be there, but I'm looking forward to seeing lots of folks tomorrow! (and no, it's not a birthday party, LOL)

Foxy, did you and Happy work out transportation details?

Yes--I am to let her know for certain today if I will be coming or not. I am sort of watching the weather as well. She is game for the driving, though; I am just a bit hesitant about the traveling conditions and timewise. It will be a long day for us....I will post back later today to both of you.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ah Jill...I missed it!!!!!!!! :( So sorry...hope it was a WONDERFUL one!! Hugs!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Heh... you just didn't know I was collecting a birthday hug from you on Saturday! :-)

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Belated birthday wishes!

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Wow! I know you didn't grow that in MD... LOL!

Have you started a photo thread yet from your trip? :-)

Actually, I did grow this tropical Hibiscus in MD. It's called "Opening Act".

Haven't finished editing my pictures from my trip yet. I'll post them here when they are ready.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Ah, and here I thought that was a close-up look at Tropical Paradise!

;-)

Soon, we are still editing all the pictures. There are LOTS of them!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Critter, please wish your "little" brother a happy birthday for me today. lol

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Wrightie, will do! We had a fun party tonight at his place, and we'll continue celebrating here at my folks' tomorrow.

He claims he stopped being my "little" brother when he grew taller than I! LOL, he is exactly 1/2 inch taller than my 5'6".

Crozet, VA

Happy Birthday Wishes to Jill - So sorry for being late with this. Duh, seems to be my middle name sometimes.

Ruby

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hey, you're not late -- I'm still celebrating! Mom served me birthday cake for breakfast this morning... :-)

Crozet, VA

Awwww,,,,,cute.

Ruby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.