Best place to buy Blueberries??

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

Hi I'm new to this forum.
My question is where is the best place to buy blueberry plants?
I grow a few of my own , just purchased them from Lowes.
I now need to get some for a Lady I work for and want some input, Is there a better place?
I am looking for hibush and low.
Thanks for any information

Greensburg, PA

Gus,

There are lot's of places. What I would suggest is that you research varieties for zone 5 that give you berries from late spring through frost. That is possible to do and it is nice to have a constant supply of berries all summer. I started buying from Indiana Berry Co, moved to Raintree and One Green World, but bought some from Lowes. However, the best plants came from a local nursery that I picked up in the fall on sale.

IBC, Raintree and OneGreenWorld plants varied somewhat in size and I remember being disappointed by size of some of the mailorder plants when compared to Lowes or the nursery. Of course, I was able to pick the plants I purchased when purchasing locally.

If you are looking for size and quality, Hartman's usually is selling full grown plants but you really have to pay for shipping.

Baltimore, MD

Hartmann's is probably the best; they specialize in blueberries. I am a bit annoyed now at how overpriced their Little Giants are however -- some article somewhere must have made them very popular and they are charging almost double.

Scott

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

If you don't mind paying premium prices for really nice plants, the link below is in Indiana.

http://backyardberryplants.com/plants/blueberries/index.htm

Argyle, TX(Zone 7b)

Sam's Club sales them here in Texas. They come in a 4 pack. No choice of varieties or sizes, but if you have a Sam's Club around you, probably can't beat the price. Take care,
Mike

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

Thanks all for the Information NOW think spring
8 deg this morning w/ 3'' snow

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.