RE-ORG OF W/S FORUM - Please read :0)

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Well, I think we're finally there! You'll notice, if you're familiar with the forum, that the 5 'Lessons Learned' threads that used to be 'stickies' are no longer. The threads are still there, but they have been condensed, along with #6 (which never attained 'sticky' status), and had all the chat removed. There is a new Lessons Learned thread with condensed info in it. As it says in the thread, mucho thanks with a cherry on top to tcs1366 for toiling far into the night pulling apart those threads and keeping only the 'good stuff'.

critterologist has suggested that we (read 'me', because I'm the only one who has access to it now...the thread is locked to keep it from filling with chat again) break down the text into multiple posts so anyone who finds something interesting can tag it. it's a great idea and I will get to it as soon as I can. there will also be a link to it in the new 'sticky'

speaking of the new 'sticky', you will notice it at the top of the page. for want of anybody more qualified, I have volunteered to maintain it. tcs1366 has also started a great thread of links. I encourage everyone to visit that thread and add your links. a lot of the well-known ones are already there, but you may have something interesting to add. we'd also like to know your favorite seed sources. all of these links will go into the sticky eventually. some of them are already there.

also in the sticky will be links to favorite threads. so if anybody remembers a past thread that had some great info or discussion, please let us know. the current threads on containers and labelling will also be linked, so if you have tips on either, please post there (either what to do, or what NOT to do)

any other neat little tips, please post. we want to hear them.

if you have any comments, good or bad, on how the reorganization has been handled, we would love to hear them. not that much will change at this point. we left everything open for discussion on thread #6 for a while and got some input from Terry (admin).

from now forward, anything that needs to be added to the sticky has to go thru me, so just shoot me a d-mail

Welcome to the new and (hopefully) improved W/S forum...jan

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

A big Thank you ! to everyone who helped

last year's pot ghetto:

Thumbnail by claypa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

I LOVE your pot ghetto. It looks pretty neat, and more important, it looks like it produced lots of seedlings!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

A big thank you to everyone that participated. It was a huge under taking that will benefit everyone!

Mid-Cape, MA(Zone 7a)

Another BIG THANKS to all you folks who worked so hard to reorganize this forum. The results are terrific; the sticky is great, the links added are so informative. Great job.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

More thanks from me for the reorganization! It was a bit intimidating before and, er, sticky! Now it is lovely and clean and organized. Thank you, everybody!!!!

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

What a wonderful idea. I hated trying to wade through the chit chat to get to the good stuff. Thank You for doing this.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm glad it's useful. you're very welcome

~ jan (and terese)

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Shirley -- since our vacations crossed paths, just about... I didnt get a chance to say WB.

and doing all the 'sifting' thru all the thread was great fun..... was a real refresher course ... and now that i'm back -- though it may take a few days to fully unwind from vacation .. i've got to get my WS going.

Terese

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi, Terese...WB to you! I haven't done a single thing while you were gone. I still have links and stuff to add to the sticky.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

>>I still have links and stuff to add to the sticky.

Jan -- I'm hoping that "5 edits at day" thing does not apply to "stickies"
That would be a drag.

If you need anything... just gimme a hollar.
after sleeping around 12 hrs last night... i'm almost back to normal.... still lots of stuff to put away, and a huge pile of laundry .... but i'll be around.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

thanks, Terese. yes, the 5 edits a day does apply. and I have to have admin unlock before I can edit.

just relax and get back your 'home legs'

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi Terese:

Thanks so much for your welcome back and I'm sending you the same! Hope that you're not to exhausted from jet lag. You're very lucky that you could sleep for 12 hrs last night. We got home at 2:00a.m. (EST) and I finally got to bed by 3:00a.m. (EST). However, I had to get up at 6:30a.m. (EST) to go to work. What a drag! It was hardly worth going to bed and trying to get some sleep. Needless to say, I was a zombie at work that day and trying to adjust to a 5 hr. time difference!

Thanks again for all your hard work on the winter sowing database. It is a wonderful learning tool and so many gardeners will benefit from your hard work of consolidating all the information. BIG KUDOS to you & grampapa (Jan).

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.