Starting seeds this year?

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

I just placed my order for my seed starting mix today. Now to look at seeds I have from last year, order seeds I don't have and and review my journal as to the starting dates and do some adjustments. Vacation is over, now I get to work ! But this is a lot of fun for me.
Who is joining me in the fun?

Germantown, MD

I'm seed starting in a week or so - got it all sorted - but didn't want to start too early this go-round. I direct-sow most of them.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Amy, I do most of mine under lights in the basement, I have a short growing season and can't put out tender annuals till end of May.
I just ordered from T&M 3 packs of Annuals and 3 packs of Perennials
I got 2 more packs free, one annual and one perennial, something new to try.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I've got about six or seven flats of plants going under lights in my cellar. I wanted to get an earlier start this year. This wknd I sowed several types of tomatoes, lavender, rosemary, several different basils, peppers, beets, celeriac, and several other miscellaneous plants.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I felt ike I started too early last year on Feb 14th so I'm taking it a little slower. This weekend I started a dozen Meyer lemon seeds for a friend, and a dozen Heliopsis helienthoides var scabra (what the heck is she saying) a perennial sunflower that critterologist got me hooked on last year. It was an awesome plant but I lost it. Meaning, I moved it if the fall, it suffered, but I looked for remnants of it today and I've lost it! Can't find evidence or remember exactly where I had it (this side of the rose or that?)

Also spent too much time trying to clean amaranth seeds, ended up finally getting some cleaned but took the remaning chaff and planted it as the top layer of soil in a pot. Just curious about how many seeds I missed that were still in the waste..

I'll be asking Gita for yellow Datura, and will do Only the Lonely for a firend who admired mine last year.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Sally!

I will bring you all the yellow Datura seeds you want!!! Don't you want any of the double purple/white ones??????

What is "Only the Lonely"???? Is that a plant--or am I being naiive here????
I will just bring my whole seed box and then people can see what I have. Then--after this weekend--I will post on the Seed Exchange Forum to get rid of some of all the extras i have.

Gita

Thanks Gita- My friend has a yellow house, and admired the yellow Datura last year so I want to grow them for her, But heck, twist my arm, give me some purple too!. I also want some of your tall Ageratum and wintersweet bush seeds. Only the Lonely is the big Nicotiana flowering tobacco I grew last year, after ladygardner turned me on to it. One plant, in my best place, got sixfeet tall with huge leaves at the base, so it makes a big footprint. Same friend also grew up on a 'bacca' farm so she got a kick out of it.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh, I remember, Sally! I took some seeds from that Nicotiana last Fall. You were telling me how many seeds that makes....
I am talking about the one with the white, pendulous blooms. Is that it?

See you all soon! Gita

thats right - you did get some

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.