The Flowers & Gardens of WDW Feb 2008

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

I try to capture Disney from a different angle; take pictures that most people miss as they zoom around the parks catching the next ride. Here are some I hope you enjoy.

Cinderella & Prince Charming

Thumbnail by ladygardener1

View of Cinderella's Castle with a pink rose

The Yellow spot in the center is a Monarch Butterfly enjoying the sun and flowers.

Swan topiary at Magic Kingdom

The roses at Epcot, They look a bit rough now but you should see them in April/ May for the Garden and Flower show. Wonderful!

Not sure what Tree or Vine this is but it was really pretty. The flowers reminded me of orchids.

A closer look with the zoom.

Zoom in from the Lagoon at Epcot, you can see Mexico, Norway and China.

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7b)

Those are amazing, thanks for sharing! ;)

An Orchid blooming outside Mexico, I took a side path not traveled much to see it.

The water garden outside China, I loved the deep pink water lilies, there was a single blue one blooming but could not catch that on camera.

The next four are pictures of my favorite garden, Canada. So open and pretty. I alway stop to rest there.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Lovely shots!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Thank you for giving us a different "view" of WDW! The tree you thought looked like orchids is one of the "Orchid" trees http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/adv_search.php?searcher%5Bcommon%5D=&searcher%5Bfamily%5D=&searcher%5Bgenus%5D=bauhinia&searcher%5Bspecies%5D=&searcher%5Bcultivar%5D=&searcher%5Bhybridizer%5D=&search_prefs%5Bblank_cultivar%5D=&search_prefs%5Bsort_by%5D=rating&images_prefs=both&Search=Search
It was my favorite tree on my first trip to Florida several years ago :)

Debbie, Thanks for the link to the "Orchid" trees, I didn't notice how interesting the bark was, but I wasn't that close.

Crozet, VA

Thank you so much for taking and posting these pictures Chris. They are all lovely. I can see why you love Canada so much, so pretty and relaxing. I am glad that you had a good trip and are at home all sage and cozy now.

Love you lady.

Ruby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.