For Butterfly and Insect LoversNew Exhibits at the Smithso

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

The Smithsonian Museum has just opened a wonderful new butterfly and plant exhibit. I posted this information over at the Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening forum. Follow this link:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/813988/

You must get advance tickets to be able to enter the butterfly pavilion. You can purchase the tickets online at the site listed.

Enjoy!!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I saw that story on the news last night, Foxy. I really want to go check it out. Seems like a good excuse for another DG Field Trip if you as me ...

YESSSS!!!! Most certainly a world-class excuse!! I want to see it before the end of this month. If anyone wants to do a group, the admission is a little cheaper but the tickets are for time slots and I think when you buy them, you are good for the time allowed. It opens at 10:15 a.m. daily and last entry is at 5:15 p.m. The museum closes at 5::30 p.m. so I'm sure they will clear the pavilion a little before that time.

Think about it!! I'd love to see those butterflies from other parts of the world and the plants they like.....

And I should add here that going around the Easter holiday may be futile because a lot of kids are out of school for the Spring break and that is where they will probably be. It would be very crowded!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.