Christi and Mike go Hawaiian!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Aloha all, and Happy Valentines Day!

Thought I would start a thread of Christi and Mike in Hawaii as I am sure Christi won't sit still long enough to post anything! Shari, if you think that Mike is the one holding the string to keep Christi on the ground you are wrong! I am not sure that he isn't floating even higher than she is!

Luckily I decided to check Christi's flight status on the net - imagine my surprise to see that the plane was coming in an hour early! Nothing happens here in Maui early! After a rather mad dash to the airport we arrived 2 minutes before they came down the escalator, perfect timing!

Sorry the picture is so blurred, I think we were so excited we forgot to press the button half way to focus, but a blurred picture is better than no picture...

Thumbnail by Braveheartsmom
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Wooohoooooo!!!!!
Happy to know you made it safe and now the long awaited fun shall begin!!
Jealousies galore here...fancy that......thanks to DG...a new family is made across the ocean!!
~Jaye

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

YAY!!! Now have some fun!! :*)
Kim

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

You may not hear a lot from me this week,,,but I will check in when I get a chance to see how the fun is progressing....the 4 yr old is keeping me hopping!

Aloha all!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Hey, Great, you made it yea!!!!! I am so jealous but very glad you made it just fine. You are probably still shaking.

Good luck and have loads of fun.

Good luck to you Shari, sounds like you're going to need it.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Alright!! And an hour early too!! That N-E-V-E-R happens. But it couldn't happen to better people.

Enjoy the islands Christi!!!

Shari, have fun with your GD!!

Aloha !
Now that's weird - seeing Christi's posts from last night and she is not in Texas, she is downstairs!
Luau yesterday, I think Christi has better pictures but until she has a chance to post them, mine will have to suffice. This is a sweet little church right by the ocean. It is typically Hawaiian, made of coral and built in 1832. Interesting to note there are fans for the congregation to keep themselves cool during the service. The hymn books are written in the Hawaiian language. I think Mike has a picture of the outside.

The Imu oven being uncovered at the luau.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Darling little church, can't wait to see the outside of it.

This really makes me want to visit the islands one day soon.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Well Robyn, me too.
When I went, I went as an ignorant tourist...
Next time we'd have family to really show us real Hawai'i.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

It sure is something to be able to 'live' the Islands through our friends! :)
Robin, you are getting so much excitement today you might have to take a nap! :)

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh, you're right. We'd be able to see the real life. I live in tourist area, I don't want to travel and have to put up with there.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I wouldn't be able to sleep. I would get up every few minutes to check and see if I have something for Peggy or to see if something has popped throught the soil that she might want to have. I told you I was nuts.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

HA HA HA And now figuring out the Garden Party, too! :)

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I put that on hold til I calmed down some. Maybe later tonight I can think. Right now I need to step out into the garage and start calming down.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I know what ya mean! :)

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Oh Jenny - you are giving them such a beautiful feeling for the islands! I'm sure they are completely in love! Keep posting those pics!

Yokwe,
Shari

You finally have started your dream holiday Christi :) I am so happy for you and everyone in that beautiful tropical paradise ...I hope you all have the time of your lives!
chrissy

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Christi enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Congrats on your dream vac. coming true! Looking forward to more pics. to come.
Thanks BHM for initiating this thread to share with us DG's friends.
Kim

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

What no sun tan yet!!!LOL

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Here in Maui....and just spent a beautiful day with Jenny and Christi...and of course their great DHs....we went to a little beach all to ourselves in a tiny cove and swam and played...had champagne !!! Then my daughter and grandson joined us for a ride on a boat to watch whales...all of us went and had a fabulous time!!! There were whales galore and they got really close to us...WOW!!! I got to meet Jenny's Mom (beautiful woman) and her two lovely puppies... What a wonderful day!!! Christi is so full of life and love...and she is having the time of her life...so is Mike. They have added another dimension of love and joy to the islands....

Aloha,
Carol

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Aloha, all you lucky people!

Gail and I have just returned from a 7-day cruise yesterday. We are tired out but very happy. We had a great time but there will be no pictures of this voyage. I managed to forget the camera at home. What can I say? The Fates decided to laugh. Actually, I suspect they wet themselves laughing when I realized I had left my camera behind.

I am so happy that you are having a great time in the islands. I wish I could have been with you. Make every second count. Fill your every sense with the island experience. Remember that on holidays, sleep is highly over-rated. There will be plenty of time to sleep when you return.

Take care, all.
Sylvain.

Aloha Sylvain! Welcome home! Fancy leaving your camera at home - that sounds exactly like something I would do! So glad you had a good time - you're right, now you are home you can rest!

Busy day yesterday, We got to meet Carol (Alohahoya) and as she told you, we went for a swim. The weather was perfect and Carol saw some sun after all the massive amounts of rain she has had this winter on her island. We also got to meet Carol's daughter, Jennifer, who lives on our island and has a wonderful plumeria nursery. (anybody wanting plumerias - this is the place to shop- D-mail me if you would like her web site) and her grandson, Nicholas, a really lively, cute little tyke of 5. Good viewings of whales including a "competition pod" with perhaps 7 or 8 whales, even the captain couldn't be sure. The were all pushing and shoving each other to get close to the female, so it was hard to tell how many were there. It was very enjoyable, weather was perfect, seas were calm with a very light breeze - couldn't have been nicer to be on the ocean.

Thought you might like to see a picture of the land from the sea when we went on the glass bottom boat...

Another shot, showing the beautiful folds in the mountains...

Rather a blurred and dark picture, sorry! Christi is a hit in the islands!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO Christi, I bet you liked all that! :)

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Would you believe it? I just now found this thread. Not too surprising, you can't live life and chronicle it at the same time. There are no words to describe the sense of belonging, of a being a part of Jen's family and that Carol and I are fast friends as with our Shari. Cannot describe the feeling of profound love everywhere around us. The plants are so beautiful as to be overwhelming. The plants that Jen chops and whacks away at are to die for. No problem if it is cut down/off, every piece takes root again. This is a short list of what we eat from the garden directly from the tree everyday: papaya, mango, orange, lime, avocado, and others that I can't remember. Truly gives one a feel for what the original Eden must have been. Hungry? Just reach up or bend down and gather the bounty. Oh, how could I possibly forget the bananas. Jen has three varieties, regular?, apple, and ice cream. Now nothing here is "regular". I shall have a very hard time eating fruit from the grocery store from now on as I know what it should taste like now.

I so love all of you and your good wishes make life worth living. Haven't gotten the pictures all downloaded yet. Probably do that next week. As you said, Sylvain, sleeping is greatly overrated. The great part is that our bed is superior and the air is magic so it takes less time to recoop the body. I highly recommend the island.

God is good everyday.

Aloha,

Kilikina

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes HE is good, everyday! So glad that you are having a great time! Isn't it just beautiful????

I bought two more gardening books "Introducing Orchids, A Beginner's Guide by William and Brian Rittershausen" and "Illustrated Dictionary of Gardening by Michael Pollock and Mark Griffiths" at Half Price Books. They are great books!.
Today is still part of their Grand Opening in Clear Lake, so the latter was discounted 50% off!

Aloha!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Chrisiti must be sending good vibes this way to the mainland,was supposed to get up to 4inches of snow this morning and temps only to freezing!!!
No snow,sunshine and 47*,so keep sending the warm weather my way!!!LOL

You may not have gotten the snow but we sure did!! LOL. It shut down KCI for the day and areas north of here are a mess. But on the upside it snowed alot but because it was so warm it didn't get over a half inch. Now the sun is out and shining. Must be Christi's sun!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

It's 72 here, and sunny!!! Yeah!!!!!!! PTL!!!!

Thank goodness because the last two days it rained like crazy and there is water standing in the backyard! Hopefully the sun will stay out long enough for it to dry up before it rains again! It is beautiful out with a nice breeze!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

It rained all day and all last night, High winds and temps in the 40. It finally stopped here, no sun though. The pond is overflowing the lagoon is too and everything backed up into the basement. I'm taking a break right now because my back is killing me and my feet are frozen. I wish I was with Christi instead of putting up with this crap.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Take care of yourself Robin!

Wow! You got hit hard. Far as I know nothing flooded around here last night though I could be wrong. There is alot of standing water due to the fact the ground has been dry maybe twice all season.

Robin, don't hurt yourself!!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Oh Robyn,need to semd you a sponge!!!!! A big one????
You have a sump pump down there???

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Think I'm going have to call the septic people out. It shouldn't have backed up into the basement

Ummmm....no.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Don send bunches of giant sponges.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

LOL! I buy lots of foam at garage sales,I use to plug cracks around the edges of the greenhouses,works better than caulking!!!!

Aloha.

Robin how awful, I hope you have the situation under control by now.

With Christi's permission to post - Christi and Carol going for a dip...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.