What I am doing in my garden now!

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Waiting for good weather. The sun is shining and I will be home all day tomorrow. I will begin.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Yay - and the weather's supposed to be "nice" this weekend. Warm with little chance of rain.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Ahem! And if it rains now, Katie, we'll know who jinxed us! ;)

We had hail here earlier-just about when I'd decided that I should go back outside... Now there's a pretty cool sunset, though.

Kingston, WA

Today was great but there was some dark clouds. It was coat on coat off all day

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

oooops. sorry. I should have whispered that.

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

I spent the afternoon in the yard it was glorious!

Now now! No magical thinking here! I believe it's perfectly okay to speak aloud of our gratitude for the good weather. In fact, we should be making sacrifices to the weather gods in thanks! Look up in to the sky and smile broadly! Wave your collective hands at the blue sky! Leave gifts of shiny things in your garden for the fairies! Speak on!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Uh, so what offerings do I leave for hail?

Anything shiny if you are grateful for your hail! LOL If you are not grateful, just do your best to ignore it.

but seriously, this seems like normal spring weather to me. a little colder than usual maybe, but that mixture of rain and sun. Maybe I'm just trying to keep a good thought....

Or maybe it's too late and I need to get to bed.

Before bed, I check the yahoo weather forecast. Can it possibly be true that it's going to be up to 58 degrees with partly sunny skies on Sunday? and 55 w/partly sunny skies on Saturday???

This message was edited Feb 14, 2008 12:19 AM

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

c) All of the above?

Shiny..... let me think....

Sometimes I'm grateful for hail. I'm very grateful that we get the kind of hail that we get here and not the midwest leave-dents-in-your-car-hail.

Your edit crossed my post, I think.... Yes, Saturday could be an amazing day. Maybe you'll want to have ice water or cold lemonade to go with the hot soup, lol!

This message was edited Feb 14, 2008 12:21 AM

Now that's what I call a 'glass is half full' approach! Excellent! I use Laurie's stamp: Stamped and approved! Dont' tell her.

Burwash Weald, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

I heard that -

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

If we need good weather for our golf tournament this is the formula. Have a few drinks, get a Ti leaf, and go to the roof and dance the "no rain" dance. After a few drinks the move just come naturally.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Oh and I didn't make it outside today. My TB had to go to town and I went along. Also much bookwork to do for MG's. Tomorrow for sure.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Hey gotta do what ya gotta do, I cant do anything but dream, to wet, to muddy to do anything but plan. what can I say LOL
And have fun

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Well, Willow, you must have a pretty potent rain dance. We didn't get rain all the way down here...

OOPs! I can't get away with anything! Laurie has eyes in the back of her head.
BEEEUUUtiful day here today! Many plants found homes in the ground. Getting ready for soil delivery tomorrow and, Hurray! , 7 yards of compost from the local dairy!! Yes, I'll protect the dogs. They've never eaten the compost, I'll see to it that they don't start.

Keep those sacrifices coming! It's working!

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

I've spent all my time dancing. Hope you all appreciate all the effort. I'm so tired I still haven't been out. My one hour meeting turned into three and then I had to check DG's. I think I'm addicted to all of you and your humor.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Its a addiction you can't live without LOL

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL, Glad to add you to our little group of DG addicts . ;) You'll have to make us all your no-rain-dance-cocktails sometime-but we'll have to plan it carefully so we don't cause a drought... ;)

And we'll get Sofer to do the driving so he doesn't have to bake us a cake.... ;)

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

A small drought in March and April would be nice. I have to start working at the fairgrounds to get the greenhouse ready to work on our plant sale. We will start planting up things from our gardens in March. It would be great if some of you could come down but I doubt if our quality or quanity would be impressive.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Willow, why don't you send your event to AnalogDog and get it on the calendar? Is this your MG sale? MG always have good plants. The MG sale I went to down here last year had great stuff and really wonderful prices, too. Is it actually in Union? If the date was right, well, you never know.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Willowwind2 - do you guys have a site?

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

You guys know that you will "catch hail" when you get together at Pixys. So no darn dancing and offering beverages to the forest fairies. It is just a waste. Just send all of the nicely corked, hermetically sealed, and foil wrapped bottles to my address. After all the sun is out here most of the time and I will have more direct effect with clear connections with the Sun. We will take all of your rejected rain here this spring so lets start getting a government grant to level the North Cascades and the jet stream will stay on its course to the true NW in Montana.
I have to get to that calendar and see if you schedule anything when I am there.

This message was edited Feb 15, 2008 9:16 PM

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Yeah . . . good try there, Funny Man. Don't ever separate a woman with from her beverages and Forest Fairies. Hell hath no fury . . .

Too bad they can't pipeline the runoff from the xtra snowpack this year. There should be plenty to irrigate the whole of the NW for the rest of the year.

There's a thread for the calendar and the link is there.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Our plant sale is May 10th at the Mason County Fairgrounds off Hwy #101 just outside of Shelton. From 9-4. We have cake and ice cream around 12:30. About three or so we give the flat boxes full of plants away for five dollars. And one of my birdhouses for a raffle. We also make, plant with sedums and sell Hyper-tufa pots and other garden art. We also have vendors who sell all kinds of stuff. And we have a great time.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Willow - that's good to know. We should get AnalogDog to put that on the events calendar. It sounds like fun!!

Sorry, Soferdig, no hail here today! And no rain, either. The sun came out for a few hours this afternoon. The fairies were good to us. You can't have their stuff. You already have enough sunshine where you are. We did good today, but I must say extra man-help would have been appreciated.

Willow, that sounds like a hoot of fun! can you post directions to the event??

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

I think you would go to Olympia and take Hwy 101 to Shelton. There is an exit that is named Wallace Kneeland Blvd (where the Wal-mart is) you stay on 101 for about a 1/4 mile and it's on your left. Very easy to find.

Kingston, WA

Hi Willow is that by the state pen. I remember going to walmart then we went by the prision and drove for a couple of miles. Thats where we got Oscar and Butter. 2 for 1 Oscar had been returned and the gave us money off butter if we took poor Oscar. Maybe growing up by the prision did some early imprinting on their poor little brains.

Good! I'll put it on my calender!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Willow, that sounds like a good event! Definitely belongs on our calendar! :)

Kingston, WA

I think I am going to mow the lawn today. I probably wont get any grass just suck up leaves and sticks, But this ia a good sign spring is coming. Ya hoeeee

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

I plan on going to the Mason County Sale, sounds like a great time!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

The dogs' eyes are both CERF'd!! (A vet looks at them to be sure that, if they are bred, they won't pass on any of the known genetic defects that sometimes appear in the breed). Magic has something weird on his cornea, though, so we'll have to keep an "eye" on it. Hahahahaha.

Anyway, I lost a chunk of the day driving down to Maple Valley, though it was beautiful down therre. I thought I might come home and start cleaning up outside - part of me wanted to mow, too, Heidi. I just know that my lawn is definitely not dry enough.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Thank you all for your responces to the plant sale. It would be just super if you could make it. Now I'm really going to have to work on the plants. I made it outside today and did a lot of things I should have done last fall. It was actually warm and sunny here. I feel great. A gal is coming tomorrow to help in the garden maybe we will get it all done. I have a mature, small garden and it doesn't take much work anymore. And yes Heidi the fairgrounds is just south of the turn off to the prison. You will all have to wear the decal shirts so I will recognize you.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Montana was nice today and I got to garden. Cut down 2 trees to open to sunlight and cleaned off a few of the raised beds and put a rock wall up. Tomorrow I prune (and clean up tree debris).
Kathy What is on his cornea? A white spot? Or a black spot?

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Soferdig-Hi, I have a friend who lives in Big Fork. Have been over to visit a few times over the years. It's beautiful there.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Yes it is. They must be rich. Most people in Bigfork are along the lake and worth millions. Though the town still has Grizzly bear visits. We just went there thursday for Valentines dinner.
My big tree fall. Only a few branches hit a bird's nest bush.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Sofer - glad you felled the tree and stayed clear. That's a pretty dramatic picture. Looks like you'll have lots more sun and enough wood for a couple more winters . . .

As far as Magic goes, there's basically a ring 3/4 of the way around the cornea, just inside the edge. He characterized it as a "faint sub-epithelial fibrosis." His gut instinct was that it was due to early injury or infection, but neither his breeder nor I have experienced that and the doc thinks it would have taken something pretty serious to get him to this point. He doesn't have any sensitivity or problem with that eye otherwise. I'll get him rechecked at the Animal Eye Clinic here in six months to make sure it isn't changing. Do you think I should do more than just having another CERF exam?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.