Off topic - Went to GA and bought a Miata!

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm so excited! After losing my Miata in October in an accident, I wasn't looking forward to spring without my roadster. Thanks to all of you for the suggestions for my next car, but I decided I still wanted an early year Miata. So I started looking early thinking it would be a while before I saw something I wanted. Almost immediately I found exactly what I was looking for. A 1991, Limited Edition, British Racing Green Miata, with a hardtop. It was garage kept, has 90,000 miles and was only driven by a teacher to and from school. It's all original and in really good shape for a '91. The only drawback was it was in Northern Georgia in the Great Smokey Mountains. So a good friend of ours borrowed a trailer from his sister who has a car dealership drove me all the way down there to get it. He use to be a truck driver, so he is use to long drives. We left 6:30am on Monday morning and got back 4:30am on Tuesday. What an adventure. Especially when we ran into the snow in Leesburg about 3 am.

Thumbnail by miatablu
Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Here’s one more picture. It’s being inspected right now, but they can’t complete the inspection until it’s dry enough outside to test the brakes in a sudden stop. Certainly can’t do that with this stupid ice storm today. I HATE WINTER!!! Well at least it was kept snug in the garage last night.

Thumbnail by miatablu
Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

And now a question to you all.

My DG member name is Miatablu. Obviously because I use to have a blue Miata. I did a search and found that Dave can change my name, but it’s a once in a lifetime deal. You guy’s generally refer to me as Miata, and I’m considering asking him to remove the “blu”.

What do y’all think?

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Bobbie--Cute car! Almost as cute as YOU!

Now you have had a red and a green. Does it make you think of Christmas?????

Gita

edited to remove the red. I thought it was red......Hmmm....Blue AND green? Is there a Holiday that fits that?

This message was edited Feb 13, 2008 2:26 PM

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Well I'll stick with Miatablu, cause it's plain to us that you have the .......................
"Miata Blues" ♫♪♫
My 3 cents! Beautiful car BTW.

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

Sweeeet!
You could do miatabrg, for British racing green. Now all you need is a white stripe down the length of the car and a number in a white circle on the door. Or not.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

PRETTY CAR, MIATA!

Question for you: If anyone says that you cannot change your DG Name, will you honoUr their wish?

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks Wrightie. If I really wanted to change my name I would. I didn't start calling myself Bobbie until I was 17. I'm a mysterious woman of many names. Won't tell ya what my family nickname is :-)

Gita, I'll call the beginning of spring a holiday with blue skies and green grass!

Thanks Clay and Heavenscape.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Miatablu dropping in from the Rockies to say "CONGRATS on your new miata. I have a candy apple red 1992 and I LUV IT!!! Drive safe and have fun. I return you now to your mid-Atlantic chat :)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Yippeeee! What a sweet car! Are we going to Surreybrook with the top down on the first warm spring day? ;-)

I don't think "Miatablu" is going to cause any confusion... I think my suggestion would be to just leave your DG name as is. It's more of an issue when "FL_Orange_Grower" loses his citrus groves to a hurricane and moves to Maine to grow blueberries. Just my 2 cents! :-)

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

"I'm a mysterious woman of many names" LOL - I can't get the song - "Secret agent man" out of my head now!

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Jill, we'll go but I don't think I'll be hauling back any trees in this one. Or mulch from the little farm and flower market near me. My record was 6 bags in the other car.

Bec, I have a Walther PPK too :) Maybe I should change my name to Miata007.
Edited to add "Dang it Becky, I can't get that song out of my head now!"

This message was edited Feb 13, 2008 2:49 PM

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL - how fitting - then every time I see you I'll hear that stupid song in my head :-)

Shenandoah Valley, VA

HOTTTTT! ssssssssssssssssss Congratulations on the very beautiful new car! Real women drive muscle cars. :>) I love that color too, even if it isn't blue.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

'sokay. If we find trees, we'll buy them, put them in the holding area, and return with the CR-V. :-)

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

congrats on a fun new car! you real woman you.
Keep miatablu, what the heck. Your 'old' DG friends will know you.

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Miatablu it is. The blu will always live on in fond memories.

Went for a nice ride yesterday. Poor thing was dirty and not use to this awful snow, so I decided to wash it for the first time when I got home. You know bonding time. Well the stupid hose was froze. Didn't stop me. Filled up a big bucket of water and my plant watering can for rinse water. Car's so small I only had to refill once :-) Then I snazzed it up with a few after-market accessories like I had for my other. Gave all the old ones away when I sold my hard-top on Craigs List. Wouldv'e had to get new anyway to match the different color interior. Feels so good to Zoom-Zoom-Zoom again!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Sooo jealous....beautiful car....very happy for you!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

:-)

I'm glad to hear you and your new wheels are getting some quality time together! Do you name your cars? ... because I'll need to be formally introduced. This one has a more formal look to her, somehow...

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

I love my car but I don't quite go so far as to name it. Rick calls this my grown up car. The blue one was me when I was thirty, and this one is me my mid forties.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

BEAU-TI-FUL! Drooling all over my keyboard! Lucky, lucky YOU!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.