Aruncus at Spring Hill?

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I was scouting around for Aruncus diosius seeds, and found a sale on plants at Spring Hill -- but I've never bought anything from them. They have a half-price sale on Aruncus (and some other plants) if you buy 2 (so the price for each plant works out to $4), plus if you buy $50 worth, they will credit you back $25. The shipping was under $10. I've not placed the order; I'm still deciding how many I want and whether I want anything else. They call it a "one cent sale" -- you can find the half price plants by searchin "one cent sale" in their search engine.

Have you had any experience with them? There was only one comment on WatchDog.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I have gotten plants from them. Wasn't impressed. I got a set of miniature daylilies. They were the eensiest bareroot little rootlets I've ever seen. And they were supposed to each be a different variety. Every single one of them was Stella d'oro.

Just keep in mind what you're going to get is very small bareroot plants. Make sure you soak them a little before planting and give them lots of TLC.

Also, check watchdog again. They have far more than one comment and far more negative than positive ones. Keep in mind they're part of that Michigan Bulb, Gurneys, etc. group of companies.

http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/188/

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

To be honest, I boycott that group of sellers. I ordered phlox from them that came pretty DOA. Shoulda expectd it at the price. Since then I just throw the stuff away because they are trying to sell cheap and force everybody else out of business, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I agree completely with you Sally -- Hart, you saved me (again). I had been looking at Springhill (http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/6166/) on Watchdog, not Spring Hill. I was dumbfounded when there weren't more negative comments, which is why I posted. And I bought bareroot aruncus from a co-op last year -- not one grew. So I'm going back to thinking about seed!

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Ditto what everyone said. I bought stuff from them when I didn't know any better years ago. Now their catalog goes in the trash unopened.

Juanita

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.