I need help with my milk jugs.

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

I have put stuff in everything I could find and milk jugs too. When I checked them yesterday, almost all the containers had some stuff coming up, all but the milk jugs.
I used the opaque ones as that's all we have here. Are there clear ones. Did I use the wrong kind. It just seemed odd that stuff was coming up except there. Sometimes there's another container right next to milk jugs with same seeds and they are coming up.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Not to worry....the seeds will germinate when they are ready to!

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

So, I shouldn't go check them every 5 minutes? haha, I planted a few seeds inside under lights just cause, and I promise "I WILL NEVER PLANT ANOTHER PLANT INSIDE"

Chapel Hill, NC(Zone 7b)

Lorraine, this question came up last year too and I posted a picture of the jugs I am using, both the relatively clear ones and the opaque ones. I sowed the same seeds on the same day in one each of those jugs, and I can tell you that there was no difference in germination - so rest easy. Just cut them the same way, with drainage holes in the bottom and possibly on the sides low down, and slits on the "shoulder" which you can later enlarge when it gets warm.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/684550/

All the best.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.