SPRING IS HERE!!!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I finally was out and about yesterday since the sun actually came out and was so happy to see SPRING!!!!!

I saw many, many magnolias starting to bloom! And this one was just SPECTACULAR!!

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Even fruit trees were in full bloom!!

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

And of course daffodils were in full color!

Thumbnail by Kell
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh, thanks for posting these - we are at least a month away from such loveliness ! enjoy !

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Beautiful Kell! I have a few things opening up here as well. My violets are blooming, my hibiscus and a couple of irises too. Spring hurry up!

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Kell, I LOVE that magnolia.

We have manzanitas blooming and some ceanothus (mountain lilac) blooms so far.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

After having an ice storm today, Kell, I have to say - that ain't right!!

Just kidding - beautiful. One day we'll see spring here too.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh Weegy, I am a long off from having my hibiscus bloom. In fact I am just hoping they survive winter. Even though I put them in the hoophouse, they still are getting some sort of fungus all over them. I sprayed them again yesterday. They just hate the cold and the wet here in winter.

Red, 1 month is not too long to wait! Today is back to being cold and so wet here. But next week looks like sun and temps in the 50s again. I can't wait. I have so much yard work to catch up on.

kaperc, I am in love with that magnolia. Vulcan. It is incredible. Huge flowers too and such a color. You see it from so far away and it calling my name.

Oh poor Victor in zone 6. All I can say is MOVE!! LOL.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Thanks! Like I always say to those north of me - change your latitude or your attitude!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL! Or wear fur on your cold buns.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

My magnolia 'Galaxy' is blooming but my daffodils are only half way up.

Thumbnail by doss

Beautiful, doss. Can't wait for our chitalpa trees to bloom, but that happens late in the spring.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh Gorgeous Doss !

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh Kell, I am so jealous!!!!! you have magnolias in bloom!!!!!!! I want to cry!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Kell, I meant to say I have camellias blooming not hibiscus...having a blonde moment here again.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

So pretty Doss! I love your Galaxy!

LOL Weegy, I was thinking you must be be so sunny and warm in Rancho Cucamonga bu tthen you are zone 10!

KASSIA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see you visiting California. You so have zone envy!! LOL Wish you were here!

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

ha... I do have zone envy!!!! I love CA!!!! but I can't move there yet...

if it counts in my office today is close to 90's ... I am in short sleeves... can't believe this old building !!!!!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Daffodils are up. The camellias and hellebores are blooming right now too. The very first hostas are peeking their heads up from the ground and we've had rain! Things are looking good.

Thumbnail by doss

Looking nice, Doss!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Looks beautiful Doss !

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

What a beautiful, immaculate garden.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

so good to look at your daffodills... specially now that all the old ugly dirty snow has melted... but it was so cold today... well more snow is on the forecast for tomorrow!!!!

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Hi Kassia are you coming to the RU again?
Dass looks so great. things are just budding here, still too cold in the nights. Weeds are sowing wild this year though.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi!!!
I wish I could go again to the RU... but I am back in school... but I plan to visit Zuzu by the end of May... are you close to San Francisco???

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

about 7 hours away. Too darn bad. I am in school too and it gets out mid May and we are going to Portland driving, I think so if I wasn't I would try to go up there and see my friend from Dg, Liz Rainy too in the Bay area.

I'll miss ya though.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh I am going to miss you too! I wish I could go now! I just got blood results and I have a vit D defficiency... yes, all I need is tons of sunshine!!!! and pills! ha!

Lewiston, CA(Zone 7b)

Ha! No spring up here yet! We still have "glaicers" in our driveway from piling the massive amount of snow out of the path. After this winter I'm about ready to move some place that has a bit milder climate. Of course as soon as spring does arrive here & I see my yard in bloom, I'll forget that thought! This is the 2nd time we have gotten this kind of snow since we lived up here on the mountain. (8 yrs) I have lived most of my life up here in Trinity Co. & sure we got big snows when I was young, I guess I dealt with them better back then.
This is my Toyota Camry (in there somewhere!)
Glad to see some one has spring. Bj

Thumbnail by BjsBloomers
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Poor Bj. Gosh so cold. Today is spring here for sure. Just gorgeous!

Kassia, I have a Vitamin D deficiency too! I have been on 4,000 IU for several months. I was told to get gel caps only. Vitamin D3. Of course I can't find a bottle to look at the moment. What was your value? Mine was 16. You know Vitamin D is the new wonder vitamin. They say it helps in everything and is so bad to be low.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh Kell, you just blew my excuse... if you have that and is in sunny CA... there is no hope for me but take the pill!
My level was 10... pretty bad... considering that it should be between 30-100... my dose is 50,000 UI per week... oh I could not find any that was more than 400 yesterday! I have to buy prescrition one...

Oakland, CA(Zone 9b)

I can tell it's spring, because the neighborhood yards are full of the bulb that is the most reliable, toughest of them all. No pests, no fertilizer needed.

Oxalis pes-caprae, aka the dreaded Bermuda Buttercup! It's everywhere!

Thumbnail by jkom51
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Specialty stores have it in 1000 iu. The 50,000 iu is very strong but I bet most of it is not absorbed. Make sure you keep getting your level checked because too high a level of Vitamin D can move the calcium out of your bones and do other bad things!! Hey, the fancy grocery store we went to when you were here carries the good kind.

I just had my level checked the other day and it is up to 46 with just the 4,000 IU every day. So it does go up. But I was told only the gel type absorbs well. My HMO has given me a pharmacist to manage my meds, cheaper than a doctor. She keeps up on the latest vitamin news and health food stuff. I would be eating all sorts of weird pills and powders if I followed what she said exactly.

My HMO also loves to order OTC so they do not have to pay for a prescription. They have me on 6,000 units of fish oil too.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Funny you say that Jkom, just today I was looking at it all over in full bloom. It is rather pretty en mass as long as it is NOT in my yard. LOL.

PS I asked a question of you on the Rose Forum on the thread you posted so many beautiful rose pics on.

Spring is so here this week!

Thumbnail by Kell
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Beautiful photo Kell. Are those succulent flowers?

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

It is a bulb Doss. A Lachenalia but I do not know the cultivar. I LOVE them! I wish I could find some for sale. A friend has these and I am getting a few from her as soon as they die down.

Here is another early spring bloom. I had one in a pot last year and now the seedlings are all over and in flower.

Thumbnail by Kell
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

That's really beautiful. The hellebores are blooming here.

Thumbnail by doss
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh Kell, I am soooo jealous!!!! great pics! as usual!!!!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Whoever is loving this weather, raise your hands! I'm loving this....gonna mow the yard and wash my filthy windows. Yipppppeeeeee, spring is almost here!

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Is that a Cerinthe in your last pic Kell? Cerinthe and Impatiens balfourii are the only plants that have ever reseeded in my garden (besides the weeds of course!)

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

gorgeous pictures! It's pretty here today too, worked outside in a t-shirt, aaaahhhh - feels so good to be in the sunshine!

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Just gorgeous pictures guys. Bj did you just move? Your name still says California?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.