Genus & family checklist additions here

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

No problem. I'm happy that it worked out.

Churchill, Victoria, Australia(Zone 10a)

Could you please add the following to the approved genera:

in the Monimiaceae:
Atherosperma: http://plantnet.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/NSWfl.pl?page=nswfl&lvl=sp&name=Atherosperma~moschatum
thanks,
Ken

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Atherosperma has been added. Thanks!

In the Lamiaceae:

Hemigenia http://florabase.calm.wa.gov.au/browse/profile/22013

thanks

Ken

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Hemigenia has been added to the accepted list.

In the Gentianaceae:
Blackstonia http://www.maltawildplants.com/GENT/Blackstonia_perfoliata_subsp_perfoliata.php

thanks

Ken

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Blackstonia has been added. Thanks!

San Tan Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Could you please add Genus Couepia. It is in the family Chrysobalanaceae. Thanks

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Couepia has been added.

San Tan Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Could you also add Willughbeia in the family Apocynaceae and Mouriri to the family Melastomataceae.
I might as well add Inocarpus but I'm not sure which family to put it in. Many sources list it as Fabaceae but plantfiles does not use that. What is the alternative? Papilionaceae?

This message was edited Aug 1, 2009 1:12 AM

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

They've all been added to the accepted list. We no longer use Fabaceae in PlantFiles, we use the three subfamilies instead. So you are correct, Inocarpus would fall into the Papilionaceae family.

in the Loganiaceae:

Logania http://plantnet.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/NSWfl.pl?page=nswfl&lvl=sp&name=Logania~albiflora

Ken

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Logania has been added to the accepted list. I had some trouble determining if Logania was still considered an accepted name for any species, as some of them have been moved to Psychotria.

But as far as I can tell, it looks like Logania albiflora has not been reclassified.

I am getting near to completing adding all my plant photos to PlantFiles and will soon be moving into adding photos of Mosses and Liverworts.
I have one recently photographed Liverwort, which I would like to add. Could you please add the family: Hymenophytaceae and its genus Hymenophytum to the approved list,

Ken

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Ken,

I'm having trouble verifying that Hymenophytum in Hymenophytaceae is current taxonomy. There's just not a lot of information out there about these plant types. They are in the plantae kingdom, so they can be added to PlantFiles. We (I) just need to find a way to verify whether the taxonomy is current. Do you have any links to share?

Thanks!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I'm struggling with this one. Let me get Terry's input on this one. Sorry for the delay.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Hi Ken,

Hymenophytum and Hymenophytaceae have been added to the accepted list. Thank you for your patience while we discussed this. It's a new plant type for us and we aren't familiar with it yet.

My confusion was that I initially found it listed in the plant kingdom, but when I went looking for some resources for these types of plants (GRIN and IPNI don't cover them), I found some resources that listed the kingdom as unknown.

I really do think they are in the plant kingdom, but if we later find that they are not, we will deal with that then.

I'm still looking for some good resources for these. If I find any I'll post them here.

Joan

Thanks Joan, the liverworts are so close to the mosses in many ways that I can't see them not being included. They are certainly in the plant kingdom in all the references I have found,

Thanks for all the checking you have done. I will add my first liverwort plant this morning, I have more, but may be a few weeks away from adding the others,

Ken

Joan,
my apologies, but after all your efforts, I found when I came to add the plant that I had mispelled the genus name.

You have authorised Hymenophytum, but it should have been Hymenophyton. There are a great many more references on the net to Hymenophyton, so maybe it would have been less of a problem: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hymenophyton_flabellatum

My apologies again and could you please change the permitted genus to Hymenophyton

Ken

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Thanks! That was much easier to find references for. While I can find references for Hymenophytum, I couldn't find enough to determine anything about it. It might not be used anymore. I've changed Hymenophytum to Hymenophyton.

No need to apologize. I learned a lot trying to research it.

Thanks Joan

Joan,
I tried adding Hymenophyton flabellatum this morning, but it still reports that:

Quoting:
The genus name is not in our checklist. Did you mean....Xenicophyton or Hymenophyllum?

Ken

Could you also please add a Moss Family and Genus to the approved list.

The family is: Hypopterygiaceae
and the genus is: Cyathophorum

thanks,

Ken

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Hmm... I could have sworn I added it, by correcting the incorrect one. Neither were there anymore though, so I added it back. Try it again Hymenophyton should work now.

Hypopterygiaceae and Cyathophorum should work now too. If you have any problems, let me know.

Thanks Joan, I have now added both species.

I was thinking about what category to put them in. There is no category for liverworts. I wondered whether the category Mosses could be expanded to read Mosses and Liverworts, or even Mosses, Liverworts and Hornworts, although I have never yet found a Hornwort, although at least one species does grow in this area.

Ken

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

That's something that Terry or Mel would have to do. I do agree that Mosses and Liverworts would be okay to lump together in the classification field. I know nothing about Hornworts. ;)

Terry or Mel, are you watching this thread?

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I updated the category today to read "Mosses and Liverworts"

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Thank you!

You're very welcome!

thanks Terry

Could you please add another Moss Family and Genus to the approved list.

The moss is Dicranoloma menziesii in the family Dicranaceae

thanks

Ken

Hi Ken, I added Dicranoloma to the checklist and confirmed that Dicranaceae was already in the list.

Could you please add another Liverwort family and genus to the approved list?

The plant is Schistochila lehmanniana in the family Schistochilaceae

Thanks

Ken

Hi Ken, I added both family and genus.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Can you please add the genus Steirodiscus, family Asteraceae.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Steirodiscus has been added. Thanks!

Could you please add the genus Floerkea in the family Limnanthaceae to the approved list,

Thanks
Ken

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Hi Ken, I checked and they are both already in the accepted list. We just don't yet have any entries for Floerkea.

Thanks Joan, I only searched for it, I forgot to try and add the species.

I will add Floerkea proserpinacoides soon

Ken

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images