Do hangapot hangers really work?

Amsterdam, NY(Zone 5a)

Email the company and ask. I'm not sure about that...

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Thanks, Diane. I did e-mail them just now. Will keep you all posted as to their response. This could be really great along my porch rail. Those railing saddle planters are SO expensive and my porch is so big...

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I don't think they would work well unless they are screwed on. Also, you will need them to hang along a flat surface. The way they work is the weight is distributed along the back side of the clip. If it is not tight & flush along the back side, you may risk the clip breaking off or the hanger may twist & the pot weight may cause it to break. I leave my clips on year round & remove the pots for winter. It's only one screw to attach the hanger.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Maybe you could attach them (either with a screw or with a cable tie) to an upright support right *under* your porch railing...

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Now that's weird! I could have sworn I posted after Joannabanana, but I don't see it.

I just got a mail failure on my e-mail to the company. That took several days! Also weird.

They're pretty cheap over in the co-op. Maybe I'll get a few, see if Handsome Man can rig something up to work on the porch railing, and if it doesn't I've got a birthday present for my sister. Or maybe I just need to get some posts for hanging pots like dbsmith's photos above. :-)

Amsterdam, NY(Zone 5a)

I got a message failure on the very first one I sent to him - in January. But all the others went through...at least I think they did. Are your rails straight, or are there decorative scrolls where you could have zip strip catch? He shows a picture on his site of an iron railing with the pots attached over the scroll work.
Email him again - he's on the road, but he should get it. I should get a schedule of the shows he's attending. Maybe personal pickups along his route...and a friendly DG face in every town.

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Here's a photo of the straight porch rail. No scrolls here, and ALL vinyl. Maybe around the posts would work? There are several.

I will try e-mailing again and see if that works. Thanks!

Thumbnail by McGlory
Amsterdam, NY(Zone 5a)

I'm thinking of attaching along the top railing, but then you'd see the zip strip. And looking at that makes me realize that I better see what colors are available for the hangapots. I have brown, you need white.

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Do you see anything other than brown on their site? I don't see any selection.

Amsterdam, NY(Zone 5a)

They used to have black and white. I wanted brown at the show, so I didn't pay any attention. I'll ask.

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

Check this thread out on the Coop forum

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/818447/

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

Thank you puggie doggy, parental unit!

~* Robin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.