Boca Raton, FL(Zone 10a)

My pepper plants ready to go into EB's and Hydrostackers

Thumbnail by BocaBob
Boca Raton, FL(Zone 10a)

A look from across the pool

Thumbnail by BocaBob
Boca Raton, FL(Zone 10a)

Carrots in a homemade EB

I'll start a new thread next week with more pics. This one is tooooo long now.

See ya

BocaBob

Thumbnail by BocaBob
Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

I have loved looking at all your pictures!!! Don't stop. However i have NO idea what your abbreviations mean as i know NOTHING of Hydroponics. But it is beautiful to see you so successful at it.
I may be enticed to look into it from your appealing thread notes!!
Thank You
Julie

Boca Raton, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks Julie,

Keep looking at my pics, it makes me feel the whole thing is worth it!!!

BocaBob

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

You probably don't realize lots of us who have never been introduced to this can learn from YOU! Yes i will one day say BOB was my first teacher of HYDROPONICS!
It is facinating and the pictures SURE help me understand and also chart your GREAT success.
I LOVE IT!!
You know I am in the frost bitten north and fresh tomatoes and greens seem like a life time away from me!1 The store bought stuff has almost no flavor this time of year as it is picked SO green and allowed to ripen in transit.
How is the FLAVOR? Is it as good as soil grown? Is there any plants that do NOT grow well in your system? How do squashes do? i see you are growing them but don't they need LOTS of HEAT??
Is the water warm or what?
A few Newbie questions answered Please!! How long have you been doing this??
Julie

Boca Raton, FL(Zone 10a)

Julie - Here is the best testimonial I can give you. My wife has been picking and making salads with the romaine grown in the Hydrostacker (white styrofoam unit) and says it is the most tender and delicious lettuce she has ever eaten, and she is picky!!!!! The roma and beefsteak tomatoes that I just finished picking grew in the Earth Boxes. They have no soil, just potting mix. Absolutely sweet and yummy, plus vine ripened of course. The summer squash and zuccuni are my 1st attempt in both the Earth Box and Hydrostacker. Time will tell. Heat, you ask- It's 80 everyday here!!!!!!!! The nutriant tank that is feeding the hydroponics is outside, so its quite warm.

I started this whole project around October 2007. I'm very new at it, but did alot of research because I have failed at growing any veggies the tradional way down hereand I was determined to succeed!

So far everything I have tried in the Earth Box and the Hydrostackers(hydroponics) has and is growing wonderfully!!!

BocaBob

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

I am in the sunny south but my garden has been dismantled but Bob is keeping me going just by looking at his and also my buddy Flip's garden. Be awhile before I get my garden back up again. Nice Goin Bob!!! Keep those pictures coming..........Oh meant to say I'll be moving out for a week or so till they move our mobile home to the new location.

Bob -- Maybe the three of us can get togeather one day. Meaning Flip and me but I know there are others in our area but they don't post very often...

This message was edited Feb 9, 2008 2:43 PM

Boca Raton, FL(Zone 10a)

Tplant - HANG IN THERE BUDDY!!!! Your new garden is right around the corner!!!

BocaBob

Hutto, TX(Zone 8b)

Bob,

I planted the Ezgro today! Strawberry transplants arrived yesterday by UPS, so I planted this morning. No picture yet, since the bare root starts look pretty bad. They were all generally good size crowns, that are just starting to break dormancy. I planted near the area where we pen our two dogs when everyone is at work or school. There is space to expand...and I'm hoping that the dogs might discourage feathered pests once fruit starts ripening.

Strawberry shortcake, here I come!

Boca Raton, FL(Zone 10a)

Tplant - I would definitely like to meet you guys over coffee and swap stories. Just let me know!

BocaBob

Boca Raton, FL(Zone 10a)

Dreaves- Sounds great. I harvested all the romaine lettuce from the Ezgro yesterday. Just fantastic results. I'm very impressed. There is no dought the Ezgro(hard plastic) will give the Hydrostacker(styrofoam) a run for the money, especially since the Ezgro is half the price. I'm going to leave my Ezgro empty until I get my strawberry plants next month.

Send pictures when you can!!!!!!

BocaBob

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

leetomkatebob,
I haven't been back here in a week. I am happy to hear how tasty the vegs. are from this system.
I plan on D-mailing you in the future for some much needed advice as soon as I get my green house up!!
Thank you for brightening up my dull winter days here in MI.! It is beautiful to see fresh growing produce!! YUM! Julie

Boca Raton, FL(Zone 10a)

jazzzy704 (Julie) - I'm at your beck and call. I started a new thread because this one is too long. new pics every weekend.
Thanks for the interest

BocaBob

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.