Viburnum Bodnantense Dawn

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Other then Forest Farm and the UK...where can I find this? HEEELLLLLPPPPP

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

According to paghat.com it's fairly common around the puget sound, but I'm not sure who carries it.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Sniffle, sniffle...I WILL find it...just like the Christmas Box...which I may add is getting little blooms

Hey Chantell, How about a V. Bodnantense 'Charles LaMont' since you can't find the 'Dawn'?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey Lauren - how you be??!!! I don't know...just heard the other had a great scent...and you know me...ALL about the scent.

Look it up and tell me what you think after you read about it ;)
Me thinks your sniffer will be a happy sniffer if you choose the LaMont over the Dawn!

Wanna make your sniffer even happier, try this one-
http://www.waysidegardens.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&mainPage=prod2working&ItemId=41841

Or try 'Cardinal Candy' or 'Blue Muffin'.

The last three are prettier than the Dawn or the LaMont anyway. Love the strikingly blue berries of 'Blue Muffin' in the fall. Oh what the heck, send your sniffer into a tizzy and buy all of the last three I mentioned!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

What a beautiful plant...have you been able to do first hand sniffer comparisons?

I have all of the last three. Sniffer says those are a go!

I don't have the 'Dawn' you mentioned. I had to go look that up online to see what its parentage was. While I was playing around online looking for an online source for you to buy one, I ran into the 'Charles LaMont' and based on the description of that... I'm thinking it's as fragrant as the 'Dawn' allegedly is but since the blooms last longer you'd have your sniffer bombarded a little longer.

I think out of all of them, I'd go for the 'Blue Muffin' first but I'd really NEED the Winterthur and the Cardinal Candy too.

You need those three viburnums! They have your name on them Chantell. Buy them!

I be fine and in rare form, can you tell ;)

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

LOL - great job Lauren...thanks, as always, for helping...going to book mark those and then make a decision...great scent lasting a longer time...mmmm, hmmmm....sounds great!

Umm, lasting longer than the other Bodnantense cultivar but... not as long lasting as sooooooooome of the other viburnums.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.