Heads Up! Alan's Moving Stations!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

He's moving to 1370, WVIE

WCBM owns that talk station, also so they seem to be moving folks around a bit. I heard an ad this morning that he starts next week over there. I know that a lot of us listen to him.

He'll be 10:00 on Saturday morning. He's the must listen to guy that owns Carrol Gardens. Lots of us also get his news letter.

Blessings on your garden!
Elf

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Okay, who is Alan? Is that the guy in Baltimore that Gita has mentioned a few times?

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Yup! That's the guy. Alan Sommers. He really is amazing.

Elf

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

always has an answer, seems to know everything about everything. His place is 'interesting'
I only wish he would sometimes restate the question. Seems like somebody in my house makes noise during the question, then I'mm hanging on trying to figure out what plant he's talking about.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Sally! Ha!

Great word, "interesting!"

How true! You have a wonderful sense of humor!

:)
Elf

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Hmmm, I don't know anything about Carrol Gardens, but now I'm curious!

I believe this property was his father's nursery, is that right, elf?? so it has some old greenhouses, and some unusual plants. I think maybe he's a better plant person than business person.

OK, it's kind of messy- there I said it!!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

What town is it in? I looked on the website, but it appears to be designed more for online business rather than retail(?)...

LOL, I used to work at a nursery much like you just described. It was quirky, but a diamond in the rough regardless!

Westminster MD next to a High's I think. Entrance is almost hidden by a huge stand of bamboo.
Yeah, he looks a lot better online than in person, to the average typical customer. You could probably walk in and ask him for anything and he either has it, had it, or knows where to get it.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

He's in Westminster, MD.

Here's a link:

http://www.carrollgardens.com/About_Us/retail_store.asp

Here's the address:

Carroll Gardens, Inc.
444 East Main Street
Westminster, MD 21157
410-848-5422 410-876-7336
Toll Free: 1-800-638-6334
Fax: 410-857-4112

Sign up for the newsletter. The nursery itself is a true experience. Think about those old antique shops on Main Street USA that are stuffed randomly with whatever attacts the owner's attention. The best thing there is Alan. He knows everything about everything gardening. "Interesting" is a great description. He only seems to carry products that he would put in his own yard, so they are chosen with care, but good luck finding them without a map! :)

The online newsletter includes sale plants, and they are always perfect. It contains a really nice question/answer area, too.

Blessings on your garden!
Elf

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.