Doomed gardening

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Speaking of Fun Travel. I'm in Nagasaki Japan on a business trip a few years ago ... It's a Sunday, so I kill some time by taking in the local sights. I visit the A-Bomb museum a couple hours from my hotel. Go to the rest room before leaving museum, start to leave the stall when I hear, "RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPP."

Look down, and my trousers had caught on TP holder (somehow?!) and tore an EIGHTEEN INCH Rip Down the center of my thigh, starting at the top of the pocket. THINK ABOUT THAT.

I had to get from the museum to my hotel, via a two hour train ride. I only brought two pairs of pants to Japan with me as it was supposed to be a relatively short trip...

Travel IS fun.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

she's got LLE--EGGGS...and Knows how to u--use them!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

That reminds me of when we were driving my kids from LA to Phoenix maybe in 1996, when Victoria was 4-1/2. We had had a large Mexican lunch before leaving LA, and by the time we were well on her way, V announced she had a tummy ache. We stopped at a Toys-R-Us to use the bathroom, but she didn't need to "go." (Darryl and the then baby Lee stayed in the car and waited for us.) So I thought I'd wait a little bit to see if she felt better. I was carrying her up high in my arms. Well, she urped and emptyed her very full stomach on me, starting at the top of my head. The stuff dripped everywhere -- into every crevice, between every strand of hair, into my purse, my pockets, with the overflow dripping to the floor. And there I was in the middle of nowhere, frozen like a statue.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Won't that make a lovely story to tell her prom date...

(oh, I know you wouldn't be so mean.)

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm not sure we've ever told her that story. Thank God there are no photos! I ended up stripped naked and trying to wash both of us in the restroom sink, plus wash our clothes. The memories are still raw!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

On a much more pleasant note, Wrightie must be packing up as we speak, to head north to pick up Zebedee! Wonderful!

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

i'll be in DC for a couple hours on Monday - changing planes to go to Houston... But it doesn't look like i'll be getting to come down in April after all...

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Shoot, I'd come to the airport to meet you, but we're scrambling to go away soon on vacation ourselves!

oh happy- you missed my funny throw up thread. although, Maybe thats too awful to be funny...
Now we know what cemented the decision to stop after three kids.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

three? did I miss one?

my bad--reading too quickly

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

That's one nasty "multi-colored yawn" (as DH would say, lol) story, Happy! I like it!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh, and Yes! I've been RUNNING AROUND trying to get last minute things together, potting up seedlings into Cow Pots for gifts, and picking up several cases of BOOZE because they cannot get Yueng Ling in CT.

I've got everything a 9wk old puppy could want, but of course I haven't even started thinking about what *I* need to pack for myself! Priorities.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Sally: Clearly you were adding my spouse in the count. Very appropriate.

Wrightie: I am oh so excited for you and Zebedee!

ha ha heeh ee hee sometimes I have 'four' kids.....

wonder if wrightie will get a wink of sleep tonight. bet she's up at the crack of dawn--lets go!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Actually, we all slept last night, believe it or not. I posted a pupdate in the Cottage Gardening Forum.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

I was frantically searching for the update in CGF - WHAT??? no pictures? Okay, now I understand, the camera, blah, blah, blah. I'll try to be patient, but I've been waiting ALL weekend thinking about you. I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting... I'm so excited for you! LOL

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

LOL, sorry rcn! I know the pain of a long wait.

He's got his head in my lap right now and starting to drift off after a fun filled few minutes of playing with toyz.

Edited to fix my dumb mistake with names.

This message was edited Mar 18, 2008 7:34 AM

Crozet, VA

Hey there Wrightie - I am very excited for you, but it is Debbie who is sitting on the edge of her seat waiting for updates. ha-ha We actually don't live too far apart, but haven't met in person yet. I hope to remedy that in the next few months. I will be attempting to get to her nursery's Open House the weekend of May 31 and June 1. She is a fairly new mommy to a sweetie too.

Take care.

Ruby

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Whoops! Sorry, lol, I need some coffee; the little man had to get up several times last night and this momma is sleepy.

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

So, you brought Zeb home last weekend, Wrightie?? That's great!! Proud momma, I bet. But you'll be busy watching him a lot, I know.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Quoting:
She is a fairly new mommy to a sweetie too

Yep, that's me! Reminds me I have to take some updated photos of Phoebe - she's grown!

LOL wrightie, I'll be patiently waiting for photos until the coffee kicks in!

Debbie

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

We've just finished nursing our Jason-dog through a spate of gastrointestinal nastiness (read: lot of vomit and other fluids, big vet bills, sad sick dog). Reminds me why they are so cute as puppies: so we'll love them through thick and thin.

Crozet, VA

I hope that Jason is doing better now, Happy. Yep, sure is amazing what sorts of yuckies we will pick up where they are concerned. I never thought that I would be cleaning up so much poop in this life..

Ruby

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Ugh, sorry that your Jason has been ill. It's very stressful, isn't it? Our last dog had very serious health issues and needed monthly hormone injections to keep her alive. It's hard not to worry.

Here he is with his jungle gym; of course he wouldn't climb on it once I pulled out the camera!

Thumbnail by wrightie

cute! I have to do that firewood hoop trick.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I figured that it ought to get some sort of use, since we rarely fill it with firewood; I'm going to find a smaller ring to hang from it so he can step through that. He's having lots of fun.

I tossed one of his toys in the house last night and he retrieved it - brought it straight back to me about 10 times in a row. I couldn't believe it. Too cute.

Alright, now he has to come give lessons to you know who. He's just so darn smart!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Speaking of smart... ?

Eliot "kitten" has learned to flush the toilet. I'm not yet sure if that's brilliant or just annoying, LOL. I'm trying to teach him to do it on command for a treat, hoping that will cut down on his doing it just for the heck of it.

At 3 am, when you think you're all alone and you're sitting down, it can be startling to have the toilet suddenly flush. I'm sure Eliot was snickering up his sleeve.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

ROFL! This is a great opportunity to use the toitie, then flush.

I taught one of our cats to ring the cowbell on the back door when he wants to go out (which is usually about 30 seconds after he comes into the house).

LOL you last two---critter what a wake up call just when you don't want one- maybe you can train

w- yeah- my Chester too, "see a door. must go through"--but I meant to get a cowbell for door for Addy.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

There is a very funny video of a cat flushing a toilet again and again, and each time running over to watch the water go down the toilet.

Actually, I just went hunting and found a BUNCH of them on YouTube. Here is one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WofFb_eOxxA

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Oops -- double post.

This message was edited Mar 20, 2008 12:39 PM

speaking of Utube- I used it this morning to get 'how to tie a tie' first one I clicked on was such a cutie.
Critter- incomplete thought- meant of course maybe train eliot--surely there's a utube about it.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

If I can teach him to "flush" on command, I'll consider toilet training him. I thought about that with our older cat, but I lived in a studio apartment when I got him. I decided that kitty poo nicely buried in the litter box would be far less offensive to the nose than kitty poo floating for hours in the toilet while I was away... and I thought learning to flush was probably beyond his capability. Ha!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.