I CAN - tell us the things you CAN do!

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

BKA, below the knee amputation and thank you for the welcome.

Spring is coming and right now, it can't come FAST enough! I am sooooo sick and tired of nasty weather. I have "spring fever!"

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, I know. The first day it was anything like HOT I spent too long outdoors in the sun and there were no pool boys with drinks with umbrellas in them. I forgot that I can't be out in the sun for long times - I turn into mush.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I will be so glad when spring gets here and stays. Nice warm days, not so much rain that you can't do anything without sinking in the muck and mud, etc. Shorts & sleeveless tops, etc.

I did get some flower beds weeded this week. But it is way to chilly for much outside work now. So I'll stay inside and vaccum up cat hair. Warm temps will also get the 6 cats out of the house most of the time. At least I have hardwood and vinyl covered floors so I can really get rid of the hair.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

Cumberland Mtns, TN(Zone 6b)

It's dreary and drizzling here too, so there went my plans to clean out a flower bed.

so, I vacuumed up shih tzu hair and did rainy day chores. When I saw my outside cat jump in a box and lie down, fter I saw she wasn't leaving, I put her in the bathroom to have her kittens. The neighbor's dog tries to chase her, so I thought I'd give her a quiet place to give birth. I took up the rugs and gave her a bowl of water incase she gets out. thats the extent of my midwife abilities =)

Happy Saturday to All.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I think this thread needs to be revived. So I'll start. Today I will do something very heartwrenching. I am taking one of my dogs who has become a poultry killer to the local no kill shelter. With her will likely go a 7 or 8 year old neurotic cat who has been a thorn in my side for years. I think I recommend she be euthanized for her own good. She is truely a mentally ill animal. Very loveable but disobedient and fights with the other cats for no reason. Then hides and finally sneaks out acting as tho she is the victim. I think I will take the 3 degus too simply to not have the cage to clean, less for my DIL and DS to have to take care of when I'm gone, etc. All their foods will go with them and I'll type papers for each of them to help the shelter find them homes.

I can do the exercises for my torn rotator cuff today. Or at least some of them. I can weed because that doesn't stress the shoulder. And hopefully I can get a few more cabinet doors washed and ready for painting.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Good idea to revive this thread!

My XH decided to call the Registry of Motor Vehicles and report me as an unsafe driver - a danger to myself and his children. (I CAN and do drive them all over town in my adapted van with hand controls.) Just on the strength of his accusation, I have to be re-evaluated as a driver! The test only costs $20, but I have to rent a car and instructor ($145) to take the test in - my van doesn't have a hand brake between the two front seats. And then there's the $145 to practice with the different car. Arrgh! That's about 3 weeks of child support! (I CAN be furious, but I'd rather be peaceful, pass the idiotic test, and show the twerp. Then send him a bill for my expenses.)

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Carrie, I am so sorry this has happened to you. Yes, do what is required, do your best to have a good attitude about it - I don't expect that to be very easy for you - then definately send him the bill for all of it. And if you have an attorney still working in your behalf with the custody/child support be sure to let him know what is going on. Just a letter from him may move your xh to pay up and keep his big mouth shut in the future. Unless of course he wants to become responsible for all the transporting of the children. Or is he trying to get custody just to get out of paying child support. Having had a son and a son in law who didn't want to pay child support I am a bit wise to the stunts they will use to get out of it. May GOD bless & guide you thru this trial. I hope the children are old enough to see thru what he has done to all of you.

Nannie, don't keep us in suspense! How many kitties and show pics???

I'm sorry to hear about the rotten tricks of your Ex. That is just plain mean and senseless, not to mention time consuming and expensive. I agree, a letter from your attorney could be useful!

Bless my sweet husband, we went "shopping" yesterday at the 2nd hand stores and bought more home improvement supplies. I do as much of the demolition stuff as I can and the simple stuff. We found laminate the right size (the very color & style I had picked out NEW from the retail stores!!!) for the bathroom counter. 3 rolls of wallpaper border (at 50 cents a roll I could afford to open them at home and REALLY see which one will coordinate),

We got a remnant of HEAVY commercial vinyl wallpaper (for an area that is so abused with nail holes etc, torn up wall paper covered paneling, you know the stuff they put in cheap manufactured homes). This area will be a shallow pantry later; the cheap wallpaper is a stop-gap measure to at least improve its looks. We bought 2 small containers of vinyl adhesive,

We found an over the toilet cabinet for the master bathroom and a medicine cabinet as well. My job is to paint them to match. We bought one pint of BRIGHT blue exterior paint for my garden art. We also bought 2 large terracotta colored plastic pots, I’ll cut the seat of discarded kitchen chairs out, paint the chairs bright blue & insert the pots with flowers.

Our total for purchases today: $38!! We just got a Habitat for Humanity resell store here, between it and the "2nd chance" store we can find a lot of building goods at prices that are "steal of deals". My husband is a very skilled man and together we work to overcome his limitations of one leg. I could not ask for a better husband and partner.

This message was edited Jun 14, 2008 9:10 AM

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

It inspires me to hear how others with what I consider serious handicaps like amputees doing the work of someone with little or no problems.

I am off to see what I can accomplish today. Maybe wash down the rest of the cabinet doors for the kitchen project I started months ago or pull more huge weeds while the soil is still soft. My shoulders hurt after the work I did yesterday but I found everything I need of the old TENS units and can use them and ice to easy the discomfort and stiffness. Life must go on in a somewhat 'normal' way. Whatever normal is.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I consider us to be extraordinary, and everyone else is simply ordinary. Including my mean, bully of an ex. Otherwise it would be normal and ABnormal, and that doesn't sound right.

You are so right Carrie!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I started thread #2 for those on dial up. A long thread can be hard to load if you are on dial up.

Link to #2 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/863161/

Cumberland Mtns, TN(Zone 6b)

Oops....I didnt know this thread was going again.
She had 5, only 4 lived. I took a cute one of them in the box the first day, but I swear, I never remember to take more.

Mom, Tinkerbell, had just had 4 kitties, and I picked up the one with the color that made it stand out from all the others, a strawberry, beige, blond. She looked over her shoulder and didnt seem to worried, but when I put the lil kittie back in the box, she put her arm over it. lol. might have been a major coincidence, but it was cute.
its not real clear.....

Thumbnail by nanniepb

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.