Obelisk trellises made out of livestock panel fencing

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I managed to talk my DH into making some just like the ones up in the top picture, I really like them. I plan on using the m in big pots though, so i'll have to secure them so they don't fall over.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Absolutely amazing!!! Great thread, Cat!!! Going to call my local Southern states to see if they can get this stuff in for me!!!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I got my panels today Puddy!

Edinburg, TX

Great going RJ...now it's all up to your imagination :o) Keep us posted on the trellises you make.

~ Cat

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I got it hung up on the side of the green house. It was just the perfect length.

I sat a jade vine in a pot on the ground and the bugger has alread leaped up there and latched on..!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Photos....photos...photos.....puh-lez???

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I did take some photos today..but ran out of time to post them..will tomorrow!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Okay,
I did cover the windows, but I figured that I only use the greenhouse 3 months out of the year. The vines I'm growing are Hawaiin woodrose and I'm thinking that alongside the heated greenhouse it might help them bloom (wishful thinking more like)
it's all a big experiment in the end, If the vines are too thick I'll just cut some down.

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

*pouting* I need a REAL yard....just LOOK at that!!!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

aah..thanks..it just went through a face lift....
This is what it looked like a couple months ago.

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Eddie Murphy: "It's a jungle sometimes...make me wonder, how I keep from going under...ha, ha, ha, ha...don't push me cuz I'm close to the edge...I'm tryin' not to lose my head" Ok...so YOU'RE probably too young to remember that song...LOL. It looks great...you done good!!!

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

Well this will be bumping up this thread ! What better to do when it's so darn cold out when it shouldn't be here. We use field fencing and cattle panels for trellis's. Field fencing is easy, just roll it out, cut out a section to a width you want and roll it into a tube. You get a 4 foot tall "cage", makes a nice "container for a not too tall but "fat" vine.
Cattle panel lets you make a taller one easier. Old ladders make great trellis's or arbors also. I've also seen people making a temporary mini greenhouse with cattle panels by making a "tent" and covering with greenhouse cloth or frost cloth.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks for bumping. I should have used my cattle panels over my camellias that were full of bloom. Maybe they will be ok. Stay warm down there.

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

EF, Yup, my camellias have frozen blooms too...

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Be sure you pin them into ground. Be horrible to have those beatiful plants andthey topple over.
Wonder how I know?? Duhhh!!!! I have done it and felt so silly and it tears up some of the vines too.
Boy, did I get a little upset....

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

geeez,, I have been so busy working and worrying about my greenhouse.. I didn't check those camellias.. now I will go and check them tomorrow before heading to Florida for some fun & sun...

Owensville, MO

texaspuddyprint you need to take the flag to the fire house and they will burn it for you. like your work jlmcv45

Edinburg, TX

Those photos are about two years old. The flag was replaced last year :o)

~ Cat

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.